3G iPhone in 2008

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i would rather have battery life than a 3G network :(

even if they are working to improve it, it won't be as good as the current iPhone battery life(which is already sad)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No surprise there. SJ said there would be on a while back.

But remember, 3G iPhone means iPhone G2.

- John

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
i would rather have battery life than a 3G network :(

even if they are working to improve it, it won't be as good as the current iPhone battery life(which is already sad)
Sad? As compared to what?

I get two days of HEAVY use out of mine and I still have a half charge. Coming from my Q that would go about 3 hours with any use at all before needing juice... I think the iPhone does great.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I get two days of HEAVY use out of mine and I still have a half charge. Coming from my Q that would go about 3 hours with any use at all before needing juice... I think the iPhone does great.
really? that seems impossible for my phone and it seems like for many others..

which is unfortunate.

the internet REALLY kills my battery

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

I hear ya! My phone has great battery life, too. Screw 3g... Edge is perfect evrytuing loads in under a minute.

3G = bigger battery = bigger iPhone

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The bigger problem doesn't exist in whether the phone supports 3G or not, it's AT&T rollout of 3G. IIRC they don't have a very large 3G infrastructure compared to that V phone company (who I hate to even mention) or Sprint. I actually wish they would skip 3G all together and just go straight for 4G or whatever the next thing is. Keep us on the bleeding edge.

The interesting thing is going to be the 700 MHz spectrum I think.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007

Yeah, but what do you think of the speed comparision vs. EVDO (3G) I still have he Q and it does great. I won't jump phones until iPhone comes to Sprint (if ever)... Data plans for AT&T and VZW are way to high$$$$.