3G iPhone June 08

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I wonder what AT&T will charge for inlimited data this time around. I doubt it's $20. Plus, I bet it's 600 bucks again. And, how about 3rd party apps? Unless the upcoming SDK creates a boom in development we might wind up having a more versatile product in our hands right now.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I wonder what AT&T will charge for inlimited data this time around. I doubt it's $20. Plus, I bet it's 600 bucks again. And, how about 3rd party apps? Unless the upcoming SDK creates a boom in development we might wind up having a more versatile product in our hands right now.[/QUO

Yes it will be $600
I'll need to have specifics that battery life has at least been preserved.
And of course 3G won't be enough to extract $600 from masses of customers..... The camera will be updated...video recording will be introduced....and flash will be supported.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I wonder what AT&T will charge for inlimited data this time around. I doubt it's $20. Plus, I bet it's 600 bucks again. And, how about 3rd party apps? Unless the upcoming SDK creates a boom in development we might wind up having a more versatile product in our hands right now.[/QUO

Yes it will be $600
I'll need to have specifics that battery life has at least been preserved.
And of course 3G won't be enough to extract $600 from masses of customers..... The camera will be updated...video recording will be introduced....and flash will be supported.
And most likely GPS.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
i hope its as great as you guys are saying it will be... I hope it wont be bigger(3g chip) and less battery strength... And is 3g really as exspansive here in the US as edge is?
I hope yoi guys are right.... We'll see. Im starting to be a little disapponted in just about everything Apple has done as of late...

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
3G will be nice but only if the battery life is the same as the current iPhone. The two biggest reasons that the iPhone isn't 3G right now is because 3G uses a ton of battery (ever user a Treo 3G on Verizon, you are luck to get half a day out of it with moderate use) and AT&T doesn't have an expansive 3G rollout yet like other providers. Hopefully they have been given enough time to fix this.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I wonder what AT&T will charge for inlimited data this time around. I doubt it's $20. Plus, I bet it's 600 bucks again. And, how about 3rd party apps? Unless the upcoming SDK creates a boom in development we might wind up having a more versatile product in our hands right now.
Going to 3G, we'll be on the 3G data plans. Count on paying an extra $15/month for the 3G data plan. If you want to tether (assuming Apple permits it or it can be jailbroken), add another $15/month. Of course this is based on current AT&T data plans for PDAs.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Games

Don't really care...If you can't jailbreak it and put game emulators on it I'm really not interested...

16GB would be nice though...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
the only 3g coverage in Georgia is in Athens. Why would I want this phone? Will the edge still work? Isn't there only a small amount of the country that's 3g, anyway?
I think that EDGE works where there is no 3G. My husband had a 3G phone and it just reverted to EDGE when there was no 3G.

I live near the east coast of FL (Brevard County) and we have 3G. And we are not a major city. Why would the only 3G in GA be in Athens? That seems strange to me. No Savannah or Atlanta?

I thought that ATT was working on expanding 3G...