3G iPhone now available to order online

Iridonian

Nov 28, 2007
Tamworth, England
Got my text message at 08:15 this morning telling me that the new iPhone 3G is available to order and upgrade to through O2:laugh2:. Logged on to website at 08:20 and waited for page to load, very slow:(. Managed to get to put my upgrade details in and confirm which tariff and iPhone 3G i wanted, where it was to be delivered to on July 11th:laugh2:. Then, crash!, the site hung and displayed a maintenance page. By the time it came back on, they had sold out of their online allocation. Waaaaaaaaa!, i want my iPhone 3G. :mad: Now will have to wait until July 10th until they might have some more in, but guess these won't arrive on July 11th.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Got my text message at 08:15 this morning telling me that the new iPhone 3G is available to order and upgrade to through O2:laugh2:. Logged on to website at 08:20 and waited for page to load, very slow:(. Managed to get to put my upgrade details in and confirm which tariff and iPhone 3G i wanted, where it was to be delivered to on July 11th:laugh2:. Then, crash!, the site hung and displayed a maintenance page. By the time it came back on, they had sold out of their online allocation. Waaaaaaaaa!, i want my iPhone 3G. :mad: Now will have to wait until July 10th until they might have some more in, but guess these won't arrive on July 11th.
I need a screen cap to verify this please.;)

May 18, 2008
It did the same to me , It makes me wonder how many could they have had, I haven't found any body who got through . O2 should have been prepared for the demand. I bet we will get the same sort of organisation on th 11th

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
yes- the SELL OUT leads me to believe that Friday might be a little crazier than I thought

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
yes- the SELL OUT leads me to believe that Friday might be a little crazier than I thought
Well, we really don't know whether they ACTUALLY sold out or if their servers just crapped out from the pressure. They might have said they were sold out to keep people from continually trying the site. Anyway, they have to save some for launch day right?;)