3G iPhone shortage?

Jun 25, 2008
Did anyone hear of any shortage of the 3G iPhones? I read an article that the UK is having shortage and was wondering if the US migh have the same problem.

Jul 6, 2008
Well if the Canadian rumours are true the UK should be ok as some of phones have apparently been diverted from Canada to Europe. I guess only time will tell.

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Apple is much better at managing their supply chain than Nintendo. The US won't have a shortage.

bacon_and_rice

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
not sure anyone would know the answer to this. but as far as demand goes, there hasn't been much of an upgrade worthy for those who can't get the iPhone at the 199/299 price mark who are too new of att customers or who are stuck with other providers. of course being Apples now product the hype is high as those who love Apple products are just as excited. but i don't think the overall demand of the units are as demanded as the first go around.

maybe i'm wrong and taking too much of a chance, but i am hoping on swinging by an att during lunch, come friday, and hopefully there will be a few still in stock. i see the only people buying this phone are die hard Apple fans who could care less about the price and want the latest and greatest, or those who are curious still about the buzz and didn't grab the v1.

i'm a long time pc fan, who just swapped out for a nice glossy macbook n love it. need the gloss white iPhone 2 to match! CMONNN FRIDAY! i left tmobile for this ish!

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Did anyone hear of any shortage of the 3G iPhones? I read an article that the UK is having shortage and was wondering if the US migh have the same problem.
Please define "shortage". ;)

Are you asking if US stores will run out of devices the first day? The first weekend? Week? Will there be backorders for a couple of weeks after the first weekend? Running out of units on August 11 could also be considered a "shortage".

Jun 25, 2008
Please define "shortage". ;)

Are you asking if US stores will run out of devices the first day? The first weekend? Week? Will there be backorders for a couple of weeks after the first weekend? Running out of units on August 11 could also be considered a "shortage".
shortage meaning that on launch day

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
shortage meaning that on launch day
As far as shortage is concerned. Apple has something to say about that.

Here is a quotefrom their site:

What to expect.

iPhone 3G will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and sales will start at 8:00 a.m. Arrive early to get in line as daily quantities are limited by stock on hand.
Check availability.

Online, you can check store availability of iPhone 3G. Just return to this page after 9:00 p.m. to check the next day’s availability for any Apple Retail Store. New iPhone shipments arrive most days and availability will be updated nightly.e, you can check store availability of iPhone 3G. Just return to this page after 9:00 p.m. to check the next day’s availability for any Apple Retail Store. New iPhone shipments arrive most days and availability will be updated nightly.

Here is the link to check - the same information above is on this page as well.
http://www.apple.com/retail/iPhone/

This is awsome. I am lovin this company more and more every day! :laugh2:

Keyhole

Jul 9, 2008
A friend of mine works at an Apple retail store and said they are expecting 100 units for launch day. That sure doesn't seem like a lot...

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
As far as shortage is concerned. Apple has something to say about that.

Here is a quotefrom their site:

What to expect.

iPhone 3G will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and sales will start at 8:00 a.m. Arrive early to get in line as daily quantities are limited by stock on hand.
Check availability.

Online, you can check store availability of iPhone 3G. Just return to this page after 9:00 p.m. to check the next day’s availability for any Apple Retail Store. New iPhone shipments arrive most days and availability will be updated nightly.e, you can check store availability of iPhone 3G. Just return to this page after 9:00 p.m. to check the next day’s availability for any Apple Retail Store. New iPhone shipments arrive most days and availability will be updated nightly.

Here is the link to check - the same information above is on this page as well.
http://www.apple.com/retail/iPhone/

This is awsome. I am lovin this company more and more every day! :laugh2:
Bravo, Apple!

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
You were able to do this last year online.

I don't get off until 5 so I might miss out, only have 1 att store close to my house in northwest IN, and the next closest place is Apple in chicago, but I don't want to pay +10% sales tax on it.

And what really sucks is my att store was sold out of v1 iPhones for at least a month, last year.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
A friend of mine works at an Apple retail store and said they are expecting 100 units for launch day. That sure doesn't seem like a lot...
For a mobile phone, that is a lot for any store per day. Although the larger, more popular stores will probably have more than that.

I wonder if there is a similar inventory lookup for AT&T? I doubt it. :-(

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
nope havnt heard of anything thats weird must be a ton