Jul 24, 2008

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
One-Tap to Quickly Get to Top of Web Page

Here's one that's not on that list...

When in Safari (or email) simply tap on the top of the screen (where the clock is displayed) to quickly go to the top of the displayed web page or to the beginning of the email message. Say goodbye to scrolling and swiping and scrolling and swiping to return to the top! (now, if there were a way to quickly get to the bottom of a page).

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
You know, I've been running my iPhone with:
-no location
-no auto brightness, brightness is very low
-no wifi
-manual email check
-no EQ
-and 3g on only when I use it

Yet I only get about 3-4 hours of use. What a load of crock.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Here's one that's not on that list...

When in Safari (or email) simply tap on the top of the screen (where the clock is displayed) to quickly go to the top of the displayed web page or to the beginning of the email message. Say goodbye to scrolling and swiping and scrolling and swiping to return to the top! (now, if there were a way to quickly get to the bottom of a page).
quickly double tap the bottom of the screen, right above the gray toolbar

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
-no location
-no wifi
-manual email check
-no EQ

-location on
-auto brightness on
-wifi on
-push on for yahoo, and fetch every 15 minutes for other 5 email accounts
-no eq
-I've never turned 3g off

Took mine off the charger at 7:30am when I walked out the door to go to work, here is a screenshot I just took 10 hrs later:

my battery life is good

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
-location on
-auto brightness on
-wifi on
-push on for yahoo, and fetch every 15 minutes for other 5 email accounts
-no eq
-I've never turned 3g off

Took mine off the charger at 7:30am when I walked out the door to go to work, here is a screenshot I just took 10 hrs later:

my battery life is good
How often do you use your iPhone during the work day?
I mainly use it in 10-15 minute increments, sometimes multitasking (music playing while I am on Safari). I also just got my iPhone, so it may take a while before I reach my peak battery life. Mind helping?

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I use it pretty frequently, mostly texting, emailing, playing with apps, surfing the app store, a few youtube vids every once in a while (four today), and probably 1-2 hrs of ipod/pandora usage. Not a ton, but normal usage I think....

I only use safari when I'm not near a computer, but I have a computer at home and at work so I don't use it that often.....unless I'm in the living room and don't feel like getting up to go to my office, lol.

I don't do anything special, put it on the charger before bed, take it off the charger on my way out the door.

I turn it off while it's on the charger though, don't know if that makes a difference. I found out that you have to plug the charger in THEN turn the phone off, if you turn the phone off then plug the charger in, it turns the phone back on.....weird...

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It really is ridiculous. About 1.5 hours into using it my battery drops about 15-20% That is beyond bad, especially with all these functions turned off.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
It really is ridiculous. About 1.5 hours into using it my battery drops about 15-20% That is beyond bad, especially with all these functions turned off.
My normal setup is similar to yours. For me, battery life definitely improved after the first couple of weeks. Be patient.. :)

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Seriously, I think you have a bad phone. My battery life is a thousand times better than that. I turn off wifi, bluetooth, and gps when I'm not using them, but I leave 3G on all the time.

I'm pretty sure if you took it back to an Apple store, you'd walk out of there with a shiny new replacement.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
That doesn't seem to be working for me.. just moves me down a few lines. Am I doing something wrong?
Same here... only advances a couple of lines; nothing close to the page down keyboard button (pc). I'd really like a solution to jump to the end of the page.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
works for me, jumps all the way down to the bottom of whatever webpage i'm looking at. i haven't tried it with email though...

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
My normal setup is similar to yours. For me, battery life definitely improved after the first couple of weeks. Be patient.. :)
I am going to wait a couple weeks and see if I get improved battery life. If I don't, I can always replace it right? That is covered in the limited warranty, if I am not mistaken?

BTW- Proper charging methods? Is it wiser to let the battery run down or constantly charge?

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
These are still useful tips, aenti! Better to get 30-1 hour more of battery life with these tips! Makes a hell of a difference sometimes.

epyonjk

Aug 6, 2008
"You know, I've been running my iPhone with:
-no location
-no wifi
-manual email check
-no EQ

Yet I only get about 3-4 hours of use. What a load of crock."

I use it all day and have wifi always on and get 3 hours 47 minutes usage..13 hours, 13 minutes since charge.

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
-no location
-no wifi
-manual email check
-no EQ

seriously? wow. How aggressive are you with use? texting? talk? 3-4 hours doesn't sound right at all.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
seriously? wow. How aggressive are you with use? texting? talk? 3-4 hours doesn't sound right at all.
Increments of about 10-15 minutes at max. I text occasionally, nothing that would impact battery life.