3G iPhone Video Conferencing will be $10 a month will you still get?

coolnwo

Jun 8, 2008
The iPhone 3G is rumored to be getting support for video conferencing. There is however a price of $10 per month attached, which allows for 60 hours of video.

Will you still get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 6, 2007
United States
For 60 hours.

Will you still get it?
Hmmm, I would definitely not pay that much. I don't think I will be getting the phone anyways, so there's no point in worrying about this rumor for me.

I guess video conferencing to me is a little bit of a gimmick: I would use it time and again, but not on a regular basis.

Now I just bumped this thread over my own :).

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
No way dude, plus with the fact that I know no one with that feature on their phone! Most of friends are still using cheap razr with a 2-year contract tacked on back of it, so their SOL!

I only have like 5 friends- out of like 100- who have a smart phone, one has a blackberry curve, one has a blackjack, another has some UTstarcom device, and 1 other has an iPhone!

So im not gonna pay $10 dollars a month-if thats a real price at At&t- for me and friend to use a feature that he may not even add to his plan lol!
-My first RANT!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Did you get this from a source or are you just speculating on your own? Either way, I don't think nearly enough people in the U.S. have VC capabilities so including this feature on a new iPhone would be a bit of a waste.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
idunno... could be useful for certain 1-900 numbers...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i just wanna make sure Ms Cleo is actually reading the tarot cards when she tells me my future... idunno what you're talkin about.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Did you get this from a source or are you just speculating on your own? Either way, I don't think nearly enough people in the U.S. have VC capabilities so including this feature on a new iPhone would be a bit of a waste.

well Young- i'm like you...is this speculation? ...although i did start a thread on the possibly of iChat on iPhone...it would be interesting to see...

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
well, I never thought I wanted this, but today my wife wanted my opinion on sunglasses...so it was 5 emails showing the glasses, then 5 emails with the glasses on her. Video chat would have been very handy. So yes, I'll pay the 10 bucks if I must...unless I change my mind again.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
well, I never thought I wanted this, but today my wife wanted my opinion on sunglasses...so it was 5 emails showing the glasses, then 5 emails with the glasses on her. Video chat would have been very handy. So yes, I'll pay the 10 bucks if I must...unless I change my mind again.
Thats funny!:p

nfl46

Mar 5, 2008
Of course not. Lol. That's what I have a webcam for on my computer...they better get on yahoo messenger / aim and we see each other like that! lol. i don't even care about having video conferencing...