3G iPhone vs Blackberry - PUSH EMAIL CHALLENGE

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Saw this on youtube...

Someone configured the same email address in their Blackberry Curve (Blackberry Enterprise Server - push email) and in their new Apple 3G iPhone (Exchange Server - push email) and then sent an email to see which would receive it first.

Thought I would share.

Mike

SAFX

Jul 11, 2008
Interesting, but it proves little in the way of which phone can receive a "push" email faster. There are so many factors that can interfere with the processing of an email over a network, one of the most significant being network traffic at the time the email was sent.

A single test is hardly a valid sample. Run the test 10 times and analyze the results. The data will be much more useful. If the results are random then it will prove that there really is no clear winner. But if the Blackberry wins 7 out of 10 times, it might mean that it can process a "push" email faster than the iPhone. Then again, if they are both on AT&T, there will probably be little difference between the two.

SAFX

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
But if the Blackberry wins 7 out of 10 times, it might mean that it can process a "push" email faster than the iPhone. Then again, if they are both on AT&T, there will probably be little difference between the two.
But isn't the BB route longer than the EAS route?

BB process?:

• The Exchange account receives the message.
  • The redirector looks in the email account, finds the message, and forwards it to the BlackBerry service provided by RIM.
  • RIM's BlackBerry service sends the message to the wireless data network (e.g., AT&T, Verizon).
  • The wireless data provider sends the message to the BlackBerry device.
  • The BlackBerry receives the signal and displays the message.

raezilla

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
san francisco, califas
when i was on bb(att) i remember that i sent a file to a client and my bb notified me of a cc right after i pushed send on my comp, 2 sec at most