3G junk?

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Well I only lurked for an hour prior to joining the forum Hello everyone. From what I read here the iPhone 3G is a piece of crap? I presently have a Motorola Q and as good as it is I'm getting old and the screen is to small, second problem is I have been getting hosed by Verizon for going on since they were Verizon the only reason I stayed was the coverage. I use the Q 1. For Business contacts and calendar. and 2. all the other stuff you can use a smart phone for which the 3G has. Battery life will not be a problem as it can charge on my desk, in my car and at home and I have a portable USB charger if there is nothing else available. I have a PC at work and a Mac at home. I love the Mac.

So my questions are 1. How is the coverage? 2. Does ATT hose as bad as Verizon and 3. Has the Outlook problem been solved, I am NOT on a corporate server but stand alone.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well I only lurked for an hour prior to joining the forum Hello everyone.
Your disclaimer says it all. There is a lot more to the 3G than you can absorb, even here, in one hour. Hang around for a couple days and really read everything. There are some great reports, there are some negative reports. But there is no definitive answer.

Unless you're talking about switching from another device, in which case we're all generally in agreement: do it. The iPhone (both generations) rocks. 'Nuff said.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
but then again, try a motorola forum, nokia forum and they will say the iPhone is rubbish. nuff said.

Its what you like, check the specifications, what you need it for. When you read other reviews etc after its over, don't over think it.

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
1 million sold and you see only 30 or less problems.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Thank you all for the input.