3G Network?

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Since yesterday my 3g network has been very slow and sometimes not opening. This starts hapenning when I switched email account and switced back to previous account. That shouldn't have any effect on the Internet, right? I turned off the 3g and the EDGE network is working. I've done hard reset and doesn't to respond well. Should I restore or am I just in a low range area for 3g to work? Thanks

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Try doing a network reset.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I did restore and I thought it was better. It still very slow and sometimes not opening where it usually does. I reset the network and still not the same it was. Is this normal network behavior?

Jul 11, 2009
$in city (Las Vegas)
dude you are not alone. I have been on the phone with At&t all day. they keep calling me saying that the issue has been resolved so I test it and nope same $hit, there is now way this is normal network behavior. To be henest I am pissed because my friend who lives down the street from me is not having any of this on his 3G. I have called 3 other people I know and they are fine.

I cant get a good answer from At&t as to why this is happening, and the reps at the closest store said for me to just call tech support. Honestly i am to the point of yelling at the next tech support agent who calls me and says that it should be working so go ahead and try.

UUUM hello should be working don't tell me that, fix it for sure and then call me. Yes I did do the network reset twice. and I have turned the phone off and on to re-regester with the network and same BS.

And just to throw iceing on the cake the 800 number is closed after 7pm so when I called them back to say that im still not resolved no one answers. And it is strange i can send and receve txt and phone calls but none of my apps that require a 3G connection will work. but once i switch over to edge they will work again but not as quick as they should.

It makes mt battery life go so much faster when the 3G network is not working also.

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
AT&T will lie to you. This happened to me last year and it still hasn't been fixed. I used to get full service and then all of the sudden I couldn't
get a bar. I called and they told me they were updating the tower near
me and it should be fine in 5-6 days. This was in September and I waited a few weeks and it still didn't not get better. It's been almost a complete year and that "tower" still has not been fixed.

The thing that makes me mad is before this ordeal, I had perfect
service. Now it's just spotty and I have missed so many calls.

Hopefully this isn't the case for you.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I was about to call them when I tested it again early evening and it's been working fine and hopefully continue to do so. I was mostly worried that something was wrong with the phone and glad it was not the case. I'll see tomorrow if it's still working.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes every now and then, including today, 3G just doesn't work right around here, so I have to switch to EDGE. Other times just turning 3G off and then back on will get it working again.

--
Mike

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
At least the Edge is available when the 3g is off and it's just as good.

Aug 13, 2009