3G or 3GS?

Sep 25, 2009
Hello All;
Newbie here, as if you won't be able to tell!

I just got my new 3G phone last Thursday.

I was told by the AT&T sales rep at the AT&T store that the only difference between the 3G & 3GS was better video capabilities w/ the 3GS. Since that didn't bother me I went w/ the 3G.
Is that info correct?

I am now hearing that the 3GS has a faster processor, twice as fast! Is that correct?

I have 30 days to change my mind if I decide to do so.

What are the real differences between the two phones?

So far I really like the one I have, but if I could have done better...

Thanks for the advice and thoughts.

Jerry

Aug 1, 2007
Well it's double the speed. The games on the phone also work a TON better. It has double the graphics power, well is capable anyways. Has a compass, and has voice commands. Everything is very sleek and smooth on it, and the base model is actually double the gigs as well and comes in 16gb for 199, and 32 for 299.

Also has a better camera and has autofocus to anywhere you tap on the screen it focuses on. Meaning you can take a picture of close-up words and it wont be blurry.

li2327

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
www.myspace.com
I was faced with that tough decision as well. The 3g seems to give me everything I need. Enjoy your new phone.

ryanrrr

Sep 1, 2008
www.shieldskins.com
I got the 3G on launch day. I was going to get the 3GS but I can't get the discount until December. Since Apple normally brings out a new iPhone in June I decided I'm just going to wait until the next one comes out instead of getting the 3GS in December.

talon90

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
The 3G is a great phone. Having owned both the 3GS is a little better in a few areas. In a nutshell, the 3GS has a higher resolution camera, adds video capability, adds voice command features and adds a compass. The 3GS also does have a faster processor and you will notice it in areas such as web browsing and the speed at which apps open and operate. If these are not things that you are concerned with then you will still have a very good experience with the 3G. For everyday phone, text and email the 3G is very capable.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Hello All;

I was told by the AT&T sales rep at the AT&T store that the only difference between the 3G & 3GS was better video capabilities w/ the 3GS. Since that didn't bother me I went w/ the 3G.
Is that info correct?

I am now hearing that the 3GS has a faster processor, twice as fast! Is that correct?

Jerry
It's not that the 3Gs has better video capabilities....its that it has video period

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I got the 3G on launch day. I was going to get the 3GS but I can't get the discount until December. Since Apple normally brings out a new iPhone in June I decided I'm just going to wait until the next one comes out instead of getting the 3GS in December.
That is the same delema I face. I want the 3gs but my contract is up in November and I am afraid that if I get the 3gs they will have a sweet one in June seven months later. What to do, what to do...

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Hello All;

Is that info correct?

Jerry
This sales rep for ATT obviously had no idea what the hell he was talking about. :dft008:surprised

computerfox

Zealot
Gold
Oct 2, 2009
New Jersey
www.abelgancsos.com
Hello All;

Is that info correct?

Jerry

personally, i would just stick with the 3g if you don't do a lot of work on your phone and don't really take a lot of video, but yes, it is faster and it does have video capabilities than the 3g. keep in mind that if it is better you're gonna pay A LOT more for it. the 3g in my opinion and many i know don't agree, can do essentially the same stuff the 3g can minus video stuff(make them and edit them), but slower.

if you like the one you have and it does what you need it to do, i would suggest sticking with the 3g.

good luck and best wishes!