3G outage in NY

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I lost my 3g called ATT and they informed me that there is an outage in all of NY! This is why i left ATT in the first place....major slap in the face!

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
Appreciate this posting, you just saved me from going nuts power cycling my iPhone for the next hour cause i've already been doing it for about 20 minutes. Did they mention an estimated time it would be back up?:mad:

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Appreciate this posting, you just saved me from going nuts power cycling my iPhone for the next hour cause i've already been doing it for about 20 minutes. Did they mention an estimated time it would be back up?:mad:
No Problem...of course they didn't give an ETA...when i asked they said.."Its NY, I can't imagine it would be too long"...its been at least 3hrs so far....

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
Grrrr this is the worst thing to happen to me since the blackberry outage like 2 years ago lol. I'm so mad I can't login to my facebook while i'm at work.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Grrrr this is the worst thing to happen to me since the blackberry outage like 2 years ago lol. I'm so mad I can't login to my facebook while i'm at work.
Haha...i hear that! I had the 3g iPhone and went to verizon and the storm because of ATT's outage issues...of course i took the plunge and came back for the 3gs and 3 days later...outage!

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
11:30AM EST and still nothing :( i've had a few customers even come in thinking their phone is defective due to this,but i've been able to help em out and avoid having hundreds of dollars in returns :)

Oct 12, 2007
AT&T really sucks! they are behind in technology, that is why MMS is not activated. They are also saying that iPhone MMS is not an industry standard that is why it has a delay. i say thats bull****. i have families in third world countries using iPhone 3G and is able to send MMS.