3G phone iTunes help

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
I just bought the new 3G phone and when i go to sync it up to i-tunes I get a message that states.

it could not connect to a secure network, make sure SSL3.0 or TLS 1.0 is enalbed.

What does this mean?

mom2twins

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
When I attempt to sinc it....it says "server not found"...ugh

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Don't know the answer to your questions, but it could be server overload due to everyone trying to hook up their new phones at once.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just bought the new 3G phone and when i go to sync it up to i-tunes I get a message that states.

it could not connect to a secure network, make sure SSL3.0 or TLS 1.0 is enalbed.

What does this mean?
Maybe yours is not activated, like some others who left the store without activation.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
Yeah I am trying to get through to Apple, but I am sure its going to be a pain in the butt.

Jul 11, 2008
I get the same error message :mad:

When I bought my iPhone the guy told me activations are taking long in store and told me to go home to activate.

I'm trying to activate and i get this f*cking error message! I made sure ssl3.0 and tls 1.0 were enabled! WTF!

Let me know what you hear from Apple. I'm going to try calling the store!

What does this mean?

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
I get the same error message :mad:

When I bought my iPhone the guy told me activations are taking long in store and told me to go home to activate.

I'm trying to activate and i get this f*cking error message! I made sure ssl3.0 and tls 1.0 were enabled! WTF!

Let me know what you hear from Apple. I'm going to try calling the store!
Will do, it must be the server, b/c now I get a message saying the server is timing out.

Jul 11, 2008
You're right. Now I don't get the above error message. I get a "We Could not complete your iTunes store request. The network connection timed out..."

Servers must be overloaded at this time. I am just getting a white screen.

anneuryzm

Jul 8, 2008
Have any of you that were sent home to complete activation actually finished the process yet? This is very frustrating. Still getting the same "We Could not complete your iTunes store request. The network connection timed out..." error message.

anneuryzm

Jul 8, 2008
The lack of replies would lead me to believe that the answer is "no", OR they're all too busy playing with their new 3G's and aren't trolling the forum. ;)

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I'm still having problems as well. Does anybody have any advice, other than to just keep trying?

Talutha

Jul 17, 2007
Same issue here, says connection to server was reset. Luckily I was able to sync to MobileMe so I got my contacts and stuff.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Same issue here, says connection to server was reset. Luckily I was able to sync to MobileMe so I got my contacts and stuff.
I can't do a damn thing on my phone yet, other than look at this screen that's telling me to plug the phone into iTunes.

anneuryzm

Jul 8, 2008
It's a bit disheartening that Apple and AT&T didn't work this out after all of the problems people had last year.

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
I now have a "brick fashion item" at my house. Go iTunes :mad:

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
part of the problem....

It's a bit disheartening that Apple and AT&T didn't work this out after all of the problems people had last year.
Apple is a hostage to the AT&T software and since everyone is FORCED to activate in the store, it's just a constant hit over and over. Before at least people would go home after shopping or whatever. Some even were activating over the weekend.

So now the AT&T software is under assault. And it's not up to the job. Funny, the reports are that AT&T is allowing people to leave and activate at home but not Apple. Steve must have given his word not to hurt those 2 year contacts and let anyone leave without activation.

Has anyone heard of an Apple Store letting people leave without activation?

Yeah, all those in store activations will slow things down hugely, and make the lines seem at least three times worse. because it is.