3G questions

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
hey guys. i haven't been able to get mine today b/c of travel. but when i log on, i see a bunch of problems with the new phone.

couple of questions:

-was your store sold out of phones?
-lot of complaints about the screen (yellow tin). is it noticeable for one who has never had an iPhone? is it distracting/bad?
-how is your reception?
-battery life?
-any complaints/compliments?
-how was iday? were lines better/worse?

thanks. congrats to the people who got their mitts on the iPhone!

Jul 11, 2008
Tampa FL
-was your store sold out of phones? Line filled up with 30+ (30 available) just before my ATT store opened
-lot of complaints about the screen (yellow tin). is it noticeable for one who has never had an iPhone? is it distracting/bad? Haven't noticed any yellow screen issues and i've used iPhone v1 before
-how is your reception? reception seems great so far. certainly not worse than my T-mobile service was here in Tampa
-battery life? 2 hours of surfing and playing with it (few phone calls) only seemed to drain about 25%
-any complaints/compliments? Form factor and ease of use are incredible. Obviously the registration/activation was a significant issue for many people all day long, but it only took me about 30 mins at 3pm EST here
-how was iday? were lines better/worse? Didn't stand in line for the first launch, but everyone I talked to or the lines I did see at other stores indicated it was a jam packed launch day everywhere.

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
hey guys. i haven't been able to get mine today b/c of travel. but when i log on, i see a bunch of problems with the new phone.

couple of questions:

-lot of complaints about the screen (yellow tin). is it noticeable for one who has never had an iPhone? is it distracting/bad?
-how is your reception?
-battery life?
-any complaints/compliments?

thanks. congrats to the people who got their mitts on the iPhone!

Yes they sold out of 16g black within 15min of the doors being open. They only had a total of 40. I think they said 10 were 16's and rest 8.

no you wouldn't notice if you never had the first one. If you compare side by side you will see the difference.

-how is your reception? i have less bars with the 3g then my v1 not sure why yet?

-battery life? TBD i just got everything setup from this morning. Had to work and take a nap :cool:

-any complaints/compliments? Nope everything went smooth from the time i got in line to the time i left and sync'ing with iTunes tonight.

Im out in Columbus,OH and went to AT&T on the eastside. Line was good until 5 am then everyone came in and we had roughly 50 to 60. Once the doors open everything went smooth and i was 4th in line and out 20 min. Overall the store and employees did great and i was overally pleased.

Jul 11, 2008
Tampa FL
Np at all...glad to help. For what it's worth, it seems that the Apple stores locally got huuuuge supplies for the launch while the ATT stores were limited from 20-50 phones (anecdotal evidence from customers and an Apple store employee I talked to).

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
Np at all...glad to help. For what it's worth, it seems that the Apple stores locally got huuuuge supplies for the launch while the ATT stores were limited from 20-50 phones (anecdotal evidence from customers and an Apple store employee I talked to).
The AT&T rep said they got phones based on their sales volume. It sucks because they should have over budgeted for today.