3G S Roll out at Best Buy on June 19

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
Like title says....

Does anybody know if Best Buy will have 3G S on rollout day?

We only have 1 AT&T store in my area, and Apple Store is 150 miles away. I'd like to hit local stores before driving 150 miles to find out they are sold out.....

Also, I currently have a FAN (businesss account) with AT&T. Should I cancel the FAN on my account to make upgrading easier at Apple store or best buy?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Like title says....

Does anybody know if Best Buy will have 3G S on rollout day?

We only have 1 AT&T store in my area, and Apple Store is 150 miles away. I'd like to hit local stores before driving 150 miles to find out they are sold out.....

Also, I currently have a FAN (businesss account) with AT&T. Should I cancel the FAN on my account to make upgrading easier at Apple store or best buy?
Yes, I saw a link of a press release from Apple that said Apple, AT&T, best buy, and walmarts would carry them on release day. I wouldn't cancel it because I think I have heard they have better support for FAN accounts.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have checked into this because I am in a similar situation. My nearest Apple Store is about 130 miles away. There aren't any AT&T Franchise stores here either, just a couple of non franchise AT&T stores. There is a Best Buy though.

Having the FAN account will stop you from being able to upgrade at an Apple Store. You can upgrade at an AT&T store. I called Best Buy and they told me they do upgrade people with active FAN accounts, but I was still worried about it even after talking to him. That's just the skeptic in me. AT&T told me last year that they would not upgrade anyone on release day the next year if they weren't eligible, regardless if they were willing to pay full unsubsidized cost.

Due to all those factors, I decided to just preorder online (I actually liked waiting in line last year). Free shipping and they are supposed to be delivered to your home on June 19th. Can't beat that.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
put it this way... i work at best buy, and i decided to order from Apple.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
hmm, that makes me glad I ordered online then.

Geek Squad?

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
The only problem that I have with ordering online is that I've seen lots of people with projected delivery dates of June 25.
I know that Apple said 19th, but Im not so sure that it will be that way.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
but if your store like 200 miles away with no real options, that's probably your best bet.
Just like Im on the other end of the spectrum where Fed Ex and UPS do not like delivering to apartments in Washington Heights so I have a tough time with ANY package so Im going to go get it at a store.

EDIT: Thanks for the inside acosmichippo because yeah, they don't have ANYTHING on the new phone anywhere on their site!

May 6, 2007
United States
The only problem that I have with ordering online is that I've seen lots of people with projected delivery dates of June 25.
I know that Apple said 19th, but Im not so sure that it will be that way.
It's definitely a viable worry. To think that they could get every single phone shipped and at the door on June 19th brings about a lot of worries.

We can hope- but I hate to say there's bound to be some trouble, somewhere.