3G screen Cracked from Heat

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
I had my iPhone in my car all day in the 90 degree heat and when i can out to go home my screen was cracked and had spider webbed? do you think if i goto i Apple store i can get my screen replaced under defective warranty? because it cost 200 to fix it

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I had my iPhone in my car all day in the 90 degree heat and when i can out to go home my screen was cracked and had spider webbed? do you think if i goto i Apple store i can get my screen replaced under defective warranty? because it cost 200 to fix it
Sorry to hear your iPhone cracked...im not an expert on glass but it seems very unlikely that 90 degree heat, or even 120 degrees could crack a glass screen...the only way that i can see that happeneing is if the phone was in the freezer for awhile and then suddenly put in very hot temperatures....or the phone was put under some tension by a twisting motion...could it be possible the cracking happened by some other misshap and went unnoticed before you left it in the car?
Apple probably wont replace it free, but there are do it yourself kits that are a cheaper alternative.

RS1001

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Minneapolis
Contact Mission repair, they 24hr turnaround time and charge about 125.00. I had mine done by them and they really did a nice job.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah there is no way Apple will replace the screen and i highly doubt that the screen cracked due to 90 degree heat. something doesn't add up here......