3G. Unlocked?

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
Hiya guys.
Will the 3G need unlocking & Jailbreak the same as the v1?
I'm English but live in Cyprus where there's no iPhone yet.
So will i have to go through the process i did with my v1 to be able to use it with my current sim?
Cheers.
Rob

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It'll probably take about a week or a week and a half before it's unlocked and jailbroken. Be patient; it'll happen.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, as it stands now, there is a Mac version that is supposed to be able to jailbreak 2.0 firmware, but until the actual version is out, know one knows for sure.
damn I cannot remember the name of the JB app.... Someone else help me out here?

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Unlocking the phone is for use on other carries?
And JB is for apps?
Why not write the apps that are on the JB phones for the App store?
As far as unlocking, I would see if your carrier would be getting the phone by year end. 70 countries you might be included somewhere down the line and that is a big might.

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
Nah i live in Cyprus at the mo & it's not one of the 70 countries.
They've only got 1Mb broadband here so up to date technology isn't there forte.

sour

Jun 20, 2008
Nah i live in Cyprus at the mo & it's not one of the 70 countries.
They've only got 1Mb broadband here so up to date technology isn't there forte.
Well there's 8Mb if you want to pay half your monthly salary on it :)

First of all, thanks to Madeyes for letting me know that Cyprus isn't one of the 70, I googled it up and stumbled on this site.
But as a Cypriot I have to stand up for Cyprus!
Cyprus' state in telecommunications is "locked". In the way that the major ISP, CytaNet, has its prices locked by the EU, in order to not monopolise the market. The other ISPs are all buying their lines from Cytanet, since they don't have their own networks, and Cytanet ofcourse won't lower the price for the lines they are selling to them (not the public - they are allowed to lower this price as it won't affect the market to their gain) so they don't loose customers jumping to the cheaper other ISPs.
And ofcourse, because the people of Cyprus didn't drag them to the courts yet.
In Cyprus we've had DSL lines 2-3 years before Greece did, now Greece is selling 24mbits for half the price we pay for 1mbit.
Very sad, indeed.

Madeyes

Dec 13, 2007
Cyprus
Lol hiya Sour. My 8Gb v1 iPhone cost me 330cyp. About the equivelent of $700-800 at the time.
Even more annoying is the fact that i came through Houston a month before i bought it but they'd sold out & it was only $320.
I can't use my phone on normal internet as of yet as they don't have the settings for it so i can only use my Wi-Fi which thank god Cyta are using now.
Do you have normal internet settings for the iPhone here?
Cheers.
Rob

sour

Jun 20, 2008
I'm afraid I don't have any settings on me, since I don't own one. I'd suggest you download the settings on another phone and add them manually to the iPhone's internet settings. I did that with my SE K800 when Cyta's settings did not work, there are some passwords, yes, but you can ask them for it. Passwords are the same for all users, as far as I can remember, it's been two years since I went through this process.