3G unrestrictor Problem - Help!

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
hey all

Ive just paid and downloaded 3G unrestrictor from Cydia. now I understand what it is supposed to do, but for some reason I cant get it to work.

I brought the product so I can watch the BBC iPlayer without being on wifi (the app said it would do that) but I go to watch a program (please note I was not intending to watch the below program) but it would not play, say I need a wifi connection.

I have been into the app and turned the restrictor on for Safari but nothing.... :( any help

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Yes, well I guess I have seeing as ive just installed it! ive even changed how the restrictor changes the signal but that still doesn't work

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
You sure you have mobile safari added to the list of apps to unrestrict?

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
yup got all those things on there and more, just checked through the app and found out that the BBC iplayer is only 1 of 2 or 3 things that it isn't possible for the app to trick! what a bummer! thats the whole reason I purchased it. not to worry though, im sure theres other things I can use it for, just cant think of any at the minute!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
yup got all those things on there and more, just checked through the app and found out that the BBC iplayer is only 1 of 2 or 3 things that it isn't possible for the app to trick! what a bummer! thats the whole reason I purchased it. not to worry though, im sure theres other things I can use it for, just cant think of any at the minute!
This is a brilliant app, i use it to watch full quality you-tube video's, make skype calls over 3G (how mint is that) and to download the occasional app over 10MB from the appstore...

I'm positive in the future they maybe able to integrate more things into it.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Hopefully, as I don't use Skype and download not much fromt he app store, at the moment it is not very useful to me, but give it time, im sure it will be a very useful bit of kit for me.

I know on the horizon that TVC (television catch up) for freeview viewers, live streaming of all freeview (UK) channels in supposed to be coming to the iPhone very soon! but until then I will just have to find another use for it