3G update a waste in Philly?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Murders are down but still occur way too often. This week is a good example.

Anyway, the wifi signal will likely be pretty weak deep within buildings. Plus I personally live and work outside the signal. But my wife is thrilled because she works in the city and her place doesn't have wifi.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Man I wish I had that here, notice how I didn't say "I wish I lived in philly" lol!
-But that would be cool to have the whole town covered in Wi-Fi :D , cause for like the last 2-3 years Ive been using my neighbors wi-fi haha!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Man I wish I had that here, notice how I didn't say "I wish I lived in philly" lol!
-But that would be cool to have the whole town covered in Wi-Fi :D , cause for like the last 2-3 years Ive been using my neighbors wi-fi haha!
Internet thief...just today I saw a commercial or something about reporting to the police if you know anyone that steals internet...hmm :rolleyes:

Just kidding :)

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Is that seriously stealing?
-Like my whenever I turn the wi-fi option on my HTC or PSP on they always get some random router in my neighbor hood and connects. . .I hope its not stealing cause they can put that "WEP" code thing on it or something.
-If this is true I probably owe 1000's of dollars haha!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Is that seriously stealing?
-Like my whenever I turn the wi-fi option on my HTC or PSP on they always get some random router in my neighbor hood and connects. . .I hope its not stealing cause they can put that "WEP" code thing on it or something.
-If this is true I probably owe 1000's of dollars haha!
Well I guess it is stealing. Youre using someone elses internet without their permission. Its sorda like driving their car around without them knowing in a way...but I wouldn't really worry about it. If they really cared about it, they would have a password.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Well I guess it is stealing. Youre using someone elses internet without their permission. Its sorda like driving their car around without them knowing in a way...but I wouldn't really worry about it. If they really cared about it, they would have a password.
Haha I know! I'm such a hypocrite, I password protected my router through the WEP encryption thing, yet I'd rather use their router for free internet lol!:p

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Haha I know! I'm such a hypocrite, I password protected my router through the WEP encryption thing, yet I'd rather use their router for free internet lol!:p
Speaking of hypocrite...telling someone to slow down with posts when they post over 200 a day :p

Im just messing with ya... :)

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I only did that once haha! nah the most I've gone in a day was about 110 post
-and that was on the night before, the day of, and that night of the WWDC conference June 9th.
-Which just happened to be the day where we had the most people visit this forum, and sign-up :)

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
thats great news haha, i'm going to school in philly next year.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Upenn...i'm wondering if i'd get good reception from that wi-fi