3G Wall Charger Options

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I'd like to pick up a couple of extra wall chargers for my 3g. What are the best options? I bought a cheapie on Ebay for my v1, and it worked fine, but it does not work for my 3g. Just wondering what everyone is doing on this issue. Thanks.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Why not just the Apple charger, might have to pay a little more, but you know its going to be your BEST bet. They look the nicest too!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Why not just the Apple charger, might have to pay a little more, but you know its going to be your BEST bet. They look the nicest too!
I agree with smknSRT8 - I think an Apple charger is your best bet. I've read too many horror stories about cheap/off-brand chargers frying iPhones and I'd only trust a major brand charger (Griffin, iGo, etc.) or an Apple one with mine...

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I know at my girlfriends house has a cheapo iPod charger, and I needed to charge my phone cause it was about to die. I put it on the "charger" for an hour or so, NOTHING happened. i grabbed it immediately cause i didn't want anything to happen to my precious iPhone. Since then I have been very skeptical on using products not by Apple for iPhone.

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Here is what I found on the Apple site. Does this also come with the USB cord?

BTW, Smkn, what kind of SRT8 do you have? I've got the Charger SRT8.

Last edited by a moderator:

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Directly from the Apple site after clicking learn more:

What’s in the Box

• Apple USB Power Adapter
  • Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable

EDIT: macgirl, your killing me! haha beat me to it!

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
10-4, I saw that but just wanted to make sure. Why the hell do they not take a picture of that? Pretty important piece.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I agree with you. And the description isn't so clear if it includes it unless you click the learn more.