3G WIFI will not see networks

pattlipps

Feb 2, 2009
iPhone 3G, the WIFI will not see networks it will do a quick search then only option i get is other, which when i put a network in manually it sitll will not see it. I know all the networks are up and running i have tried all the reboots and such mentioned in other posts, but since i use mine on t-mobile i cannot take it to the store. Any ideas?:(

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
my friend has had this exact same issue in the past week with his V1 iPhone. he tried restoring, updating, turning off and on, and even took it into the Apple store to which they told him they couldn't help because it was out of the 1 year warranty.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
iPhone 3G, the WIFI will not see networks it will do a quick search then only option i get is other, which when i put a network in manually it sitll will not see it. I know all the networks are up and running i have tried all the reboots and such mentioned in other posts, but since i use mine on t-mobile i cannot take it to the store. Any ideas?:(
So, since you are on T-Mobile, then I can assume that you are jailbroken? Try restoring back to 2.2 and setting it back up again. I would first verify that stock 2.2 sees the network before moving forward. If not, take it in to Apple for a replacement.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^Apple will not replace it without a valid AT&T 3g sim card in it. i am in that dilemma right now trying to exchange a V1 under warranty for a 3g.