3GS and compatibility with stereos

JMCD23

Jun 15, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm currently on the market for a new phone and I'll more than likely be going with the 3G S. I have this stereo deck in my car http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P60....html?search=6000ub&tp=5684&tab=detailed_info
It supports the following Apple products
iPod video (5th generation)
iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation)
iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
iPhone/iPhone 3G

Currently I use an older nano with it and it works fine. Since it supports the 3G does anyone here know whether these decks will support the 3Gs? I assume they're pretty much the same as far as most things go. I'd really prefer the USB connection to the analog connection. Any info anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Since no one has a 3G S yet, it's difficult to answer your question. With that said, I think it'll be fine, but Apple has pulled some weird stuff in the past, so who knows.

Joe

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'd would be really surprised if it isn't compatible. I just got a Sony Deck with a USB input a few months ago and I'm really happy with it, but I wish the iPhone 3G had a louder speaker for hands free phone calls in the car. I think I'm going to get the blueant super tooth if the 3GS doesn't have a louder speaker.

Are you using a bluetooth speaker phone, headset, or do you just use the iPhone speaker phone for hands free phone calls.

JMCD23

Jun 15, 2009
I'd would be really surprised if it isn't compatible. I just got a Sony Deck with a USB input a few months ago and I'm really happy with it, but I wish the iPhone 3G had a louder speaker for hands free phone calls in the car. I think I'm going to get the blueant super tooth if the 3GS doesn't have a louder speaker.

Are you using a bluetooth speaker phone, headset, or do you just use the iPhone speaker phone for hands free phone calls.
I have a blue tooth speaker phone from my current phone that I'll use. Yeah I sure hope it works, logically it should. Worst case scenario I use the analog input. This phone has a lot of things going for it for me, Roger's offers 500mb data for 25/mo usually, they have a special 6gb/30mo. Can use it for tethering too :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I'd hate to have to go back to an aux input though. Doesn't charge it and you can't control the music from the deck. Oh well, I'm pretty sure they'll be compatible. Which bluetooth speaker phone are you using?