3GS Compatible Headphones?

AmyLyn

Bronze
I am looking for a pair of headphones for my 3gs that have the same options as the buds that come with them. Volume control isn't important, but the voice command ability is a must. I know the Apple InEar's work but Eh, not a huge Apple headphone fan. The buds MUST go though, my ears are too small, they fall right out! :( Under/around 75 bucks would be nice too, but willing to pay up to 100 if they are spectacular.. ;) LOl Thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I am not aware of any at the moment. I'm like you,not a big fan of the stock buds. But it will probably take a few months for 3rd party ones to hit the market.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
nuforce ne-7m's sound great for the money around 49 bucks. They are much better SQ wise then the Apple dual drivers. Look at some of the reviews on head-fi.com they are great bang for buck iems.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
nuforce ne-7m's sound great for the money around 49 bucks. They are much better SQ wise then the Apple dual drivers. Look at some of the reviews on head-fi.com they are great bang for buck iems.
Do they support voice command? I couldn't find that in the description on their website.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
I cant say for sure i think that they would but i could be wrong. Thats a good question though ill see if i can find out. I don't own them but ive heard them once, im gonna grab a pair for gym use etc. since i have my 3's now for everything else.

blinden

Bronze
Apr 29, 2009
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I just made myself some "AppleSkulls" with this method. This has to be the best tip I have ever seen on the Internet! Thanks!

Brian
Glad it worked for you. I think I understand though why Apple chose to use the loose fitting stock buds, because when you do swap out the stock buds with noise cancelling ones, it's a little difficult to have a conversation on a call because your hearing is somewhat plugged and you can't hear yourself speaking.... somewhat anyway.... But I still prefer the quality of sound with the swapped out buds to the stock ones.

blinden

Bronze
Apr 29, 2009
Glad it worked for you. I think I understand though why Apple chose to use the loose fitting stock buds, because when you do swap out the stock buds with noise cancelling ones, it's a little difficult to have a conversation on a call because your hearing is somewhat plugged and you can't hear yourself speaking.... somewhat anyway.... But I still prefer the quality of sound with the swapped out buds to the stock ones.

I agree. I take one out of my ear when I have a call. The stock buds hurt my ears after a while. Back on topic lol. I would think the in ear phones would work no?

Brian

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I agree. I take one out of my ear when I have a call. The stock buds hurt my ears after a while. Back on topic lol. I would think the in ear phones would work no?

Brian
I think any headphones or earbuds should be able to be modified as long as it can be taken apart and resoldered.
I'm liking how the voice control works via the button on my modified earbuds too. Great feature on the 3GS.

AmyLyn

Bronze

AmyLyn

Bronze
Hey now watch it or I will chuck my girly pink hammer at you! :p I can barely hang a picture much less go near electronics with hot metal objects! lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Hey now watch it or I will chuck my girly pink hammer at you! :p I can barely hang a picture much less go near electronics with hot metal objects! lmao
I've missed you, Starry!

--
Mike

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Umm I think the soldering part scares me! LMAO I'm not a "handy" chic, I am a girly girl.. ;)
No manly man around to help you with it? You can do this...when you think about it, a soldering gun is very similar to a curling iron or hair dryer :sneaky:.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I didn't know starry very well, but I don't think she'd move out of Texas...