3GS Hardware Problems

Jun 26, 2007
On iDay3, I upgraded from the original iPhone to the iPhone 3GS. Needless to say, I am ecstatic with the software boosts that this gave me. But, I have been disappointed with a few hardware problems I have.

Stuck pixel - On a white background, looking at any angle that isn't 90 degrees, there is a stuck pixel. I have heard that this issue is widespread and it really sucks.

Shaking - My phone could be used as a baby rattle. The area near the camera and near the volume bumper shakes a lot as if there is something inside. As far as I know a lot of people have this problem (correct me if Im wrong) and there is really nothing we can do about it until a fix is announced or whatever.

So my question is... do you have either of these issues?
Also, what should I do? I am not familiar with what type of protection Apple Care has... does it matter when I attempt to exchange it or any time within the 1st year is fine? Or what is this 30 day period I keep hearing about?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
As long as this phone shows no signs of abuse, it needs to be returned yesterday. Apple has the best CS on the planet and will exchange it no problem. It does have a one year warranty, but I would do it ASAP.

Jun 26, 2007
Is there a 30 day period after purchase that I need to know about? Everyone keeps mentioning 30 days and I have no clue what that is referring to as I thought AppleCare was for a whole year.

Also, do most people have a rattle or is it rare.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The 30 day is the return period if you decide you don't want the phone. Usually there is a 10% restocking fee and no, the rattle in not normal. Apple will exchange it with no problem.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
As long as this phone shows no signs of abuse, it needs to be returned yesterday. Apple has the best CS on the planet and will exchange it no problem. It does have a one year warranty, but I would do it ASAP.
Agreed, I have neither of those issues and if I did I would have returned it already.

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
the speaker is at bottom so i cant think of any reason why it should do anything like that.
go to a Apple store and get it exchange.

check on Apples website to see if they have your color and version in stock or not. otherwise i am sure they will make you wait for re-stock or to ship one to your house.

http://www.apple.com/retail/iPhone/availability.php