3GS Help please. White screen after replacing screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by adland, Mar 18, 2012.

1. adland

adland New Member

My 3gs took a bit of a tumble a month or so ago and shattered the screen . I was able to still use it so didn't bother replacing the screen until a few days ago when the glass began breaking off.

I ordered a new glass screen from Amazon and it worked without problem until today. After noticing the phone hadn't made a sound in a few hours (very uncommon) I noticed it was frozen on the Apple screen. I left it alone and 10 minutes later nothing had changed so I performed a hard reset. The screen came back on, stayed on the Apple for a minute or two, then went to the unlock screen. I thought everything was fine until I realized that it wasn't recognizing touch on a portion of the screen so I can't unlock it; oddly though certain parts of the screen that were not recognized on the unlock screen are recognized in the emergency call setting. After leaving it alone for minute or less the white screen pops up. If I try another hard reset the same thing happens step for step.

The only iPhone repair places locally charge astronomic prices just for a diagnostic and I am fully skilled in replacing parts myself I've just never encountered anything like this before. Any advice/ideas? Could it be the lcd?

2. adland

adland New Member

Oh and if I hold down the on/off button and then swipe the screen where the power off would typically be it will power down. Also works when phone is ringing. If I swipe in the direction of the answer slider if works.

3. gregpole1

gregpole1 New Member

I wanted to thank iPhonefactomiami.com for the awesome job they did to fix my broken I Phone. I had problem with my I phone as you but I sent my I Phone to authorized service center and they replaced the screen without any problem. So you should go for it.