3GS is constantly downloading data!

Aug 5, 2011
I just got an AT&T 8GB 3Gs. It was my wife's brother's phone that he gave to her, but we're on T-Mobile. So I had a friend jailbreak and unlock it to work on T-Mobile. It seemed to work fine but battery life started taking a hard dive. I was checking out minutes and data usage and I noticed that my wifes line had used 1.6GB of data within 3wks! She usually only uses about 250Kbs per month with a boat load of push email from work. So I started checking the data usage on the phone and my problem is exactly like this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPT3QMovgTc
Has any one had this problem and how did you fix it? I was in love with this phone but now I'm about to throw it out of the window!
BTW: I did turn off push email, set it to every 30min. That did not help. Made sure no programs were running in the background. Turned location settings off. The only thing that stopps cellular data from constantly being received is to turn cellular data off.
I haven't tried to restore it yet because I'm afraid it will not work on T-Mobile afterwards.
Also, I believe it was redSnow he used and it does have Cydia installed. I think it was upgraded to 4.1 and has baseband 6.15.0 I think. I've tried restoring it to 3.1.3 but was unsuccessful, even after modifying my host file (got 3194 error). If someone has any info on how to remedy this, please let me know. I've spent the last 30hrs trying to figure this out and this is my last SOS for help. I usually just search and try stuff until I figure it out but this has got me whipped.

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
Have you tried rebooting your phone? Also, try closing every application in the multitask dock. I say this because it's possible another application is using data for something and you're unaware of it.