3GS JB is here finally

cdc515

Bronze
Jun 10, 2009
I have recently JB my iPhone 3gS it was the easiest JB ever to download it just goto

http://purplera1n.com/

after you download the file just run it click make it rain

after that it basically does it itself

after it reboots it will create an icon on your Spring Board you simply click it and it will install Cydia

it is soo easy a caveman can do it haha and i did it drunk lol

hope this topic helps all of you

remember thank me if it did

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
....after it reboots it will create an icon on your Spring Board you simply click it and it will install Cydia

it is soo easy a caveman can do it haha and i did it drunk lol

hope this topic helps all of you

remember thank me if it did
The icon/app is called Freeze. Which is exactly what happened to my phone!

UPDATE: All good now. Installed Cydia successfuly. I'm giddy with excitement!

Azlum

Jun 20, 2009
Done mine too! WOOHOO!

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
It works great... when i did it, it got stuck trying to reboot with the connect to iTunes icon but i just held the power down to kill it and turned it back on then closed purplera1n then ran it again and it went that time...

aslo when i used freeze to install cydia it didn't show up so i had to reboot the phone and it showed up no problem...

if anyone is going to install the mobile installation patch make sure you use "xxxxxxx" not the old one because it wont work...also i am have problems with winterboard because after the install it would only boot into safe mode, tried a reinstall but still did it so removed it until there is an update...

besides that it works great

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
mine just says waiting for phone after i click make it rain...what am i missing?

Jul 14, 2008
How is the battery life on the 3G S after jailbreaking?

I tried doing this on my 1st generation running 3.0 and the battery ran out in about 5 hours.

cdc515

Bronze
Jun 10, 2009
It works great... when i did it, it got stuck trying to reboot with the connect to iTunes icon but i just held the power down to kill it and turned it back on then closed purplera1n then ran it again and it went that time...

aslo when i used freeze to install cydia it didn't show up so i had to reboot the phone and it showed up no problem...

if anyone is going to install the mobile installation patch make sure you use "xxxxxxx" not the old one because it wont work...also i am have problems with winterboard because after the install it would only boot into safe mode, tried a reinstall but still did it so removed it until there is an update...

besides that it works great

Having the exact same problem with winterboard can't seem to figure it out yet

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't think this is an official Dev Team release. Their site doesn't say anything about it. They have an new video posted saying to expect a JB/Unlock roughly the same time as 3.1 is released. I'm waiting for QuickPWN.

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
yup same problem with winterboard to goes into safe mod

cdc515

Bronze
Jun 10, 2009
I don't think this is an official Dev Team release. Their site doesn't say anything about it. They have an new video posted saying to expect a JB/Unlock roughly the same time as 3.1 is released. I'm waiting for QuickPWN.

This is not an official dev-team release this is the JB by former member geohot who was working with the chronic-devteam.

This JB works great so far

SNiiP3R

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Great news, but winterboard is not working properly. So, I will wait for a better release. I would suggest you guys keep an eye on this blog, http://iPhonejtag.blogspot.com. He may have a fix posted soon.

tate

Bronze
Jun 6, 2009
I'm waiting for QuickPWN.

I thought i seen somewhere that the were doing away with Quickpwn. I could be wrong though.

Also for everyone having problems with winterboard, I did to. It doesn't work with this release. You have to go into safe mode and uninstall it and Cydia will work fine. Even the weather icon.
Here is a web site that explains it:

http://thebigboss.org/

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
Me too....I've had a good history using Dev Team tools...and as they say...'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' ;)

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
What beautiful sights to see on my 3GS!

Last edited by a moderator:

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
SBsettings was the 1st successful install for me too. Quickgold was mine first try but it said it wasn't compatible.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
SBsettings was the 1st successful install for me too. Quickgold was mine first try but it said it wasn't compatible.
Just make sure you don't try to install the Rotation Inhibitor add-on for SBSettings. It put my phone in an infinite crash loop. I'm downloading the 3.0 firmware right now to restore. :(

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I've used redsnow to pwn my v1. While it's the simplest JB implementation from the ADT yet, it doesn't compare at all to purplera1n for ease of use. None of that "hold power for x seconds, hold home and power for x seconds, let go of power....". Purplera1n, for want of a better term, is pretty much Plug N Play.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
It's sooo good to have SBsettings again! :D :D

I can wait for Winterboard to hopefully be fixed.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I suspect it's time for "Fallboard" or "Autumnboard"