3GS keeps forgetting home network

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I had an iPhone since the first one came out. Then I got a 3G the day it came out and then a 3GS the day it came out. I've never had this problem before until yesterday.

Basically what happened was I went to use my iPhone and I saw I was on the Edge network (no 3G where I live). I checked to see if my phone was still connected to my wifi, which it was, but the E was still showing. So, I clicked on "FORGET THIS NETWORK" and input my name and password. Voila, it connected. Well....it's only stay connected for that session. If I put my phone down for a bit, then go to use it again, I have to input all my username and password in to connect to wifi. In the past it's always been automatic. It would just connect once I started using my phone. I tried a hard reset and it's still doing it. It's rather annoying to have to put the name and password in everytime I want to use my wireless...

Any ideas?

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I went through that crap for a couple months but updating to 3.1 has totally fixed that problem for me. I haven't dropped connection since the day 3.1 came out. Yes I miss jailbreak but not more than wifi. :eek:k:eek:k

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
The restore seems to have done the trick. I'm not sure what happened between the 22nd and now to make that happen but since I rolled back to a sync from 9-22, it's fixed. Weird.