3GS problem.

The Dude

Jun 19, 2009
Hi,

I just synced my videos that were on my last 3G phone to the new 3Gs and the videos play back with a green screen. I was wondering if anyone tried syncing their old videos on to their new 3Gs.

I use Aimersoft Video Converter which worked great with the previous 3G phone but it seems that it doesn't do well with the new 3Gs phone.

I also took a video and played it back and it ran great! It is just the videos I convert that I sync into my phone that is giving me this issue.

Any help or ideas with this would be great.

Thanks guys.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Mine worked. I set up the 3gs as a new device.

The Dude

Jun 19, 2009
3Gs problem-Video Playback is acting odd.

I rebooted and restored as a new phone and I still have the same issue. It is so odd that the playback on the video recording is great but when I try to watch movies I get green screen with pixel boxes. I can hear sound but video is messed up.

Then I went ahead and downloaded a free short movie from a site to see if maybe my converting methods where bad and the video came out great but the sound was skipping.

If anyone has a video that is tested and true on their new iPhone 3Gs and can send it my way or link it up here on the forum I would greatly appreciate it to see if this is a phone issue or a conversion issue.

Thanks again for any input or help guys.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Anyone ever figure this out? I am having the exact same problem!

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
I would try another converter.
Actually I just checked the converter I had. Apparently ther is an update that alows proper conversion with the 3GS and they are NOT accepting free upgrades... Another $30 down the tubes.... Or I can just find a free one that works. Thanks.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Well, still not able to convert. Even with the new version of wondershare DVD to iPhone converter which states it will work with the 3gs with its latest version. Even has a setting to put in for 3gs. I get the same green screen background. Sound is ok thou. Also, any movie purchased off of iTunes works just fine. What gives!

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Ok, I don't see this problem anywhere in the forums and I don't know anyone that has a 3GS yet. Anyone else having this problem? I have tried 2 different converters. Both are very simular to each other but both are DVD to iPhone converters and both have a pre-set for the 3GS. I just did a hard reset on the phone (pissed about that) and receivied the same results. Tried looking on the web and no dice. I am trying to figure out if this is hardware of software (converter) I can play ant movie that was downloaded through iTunes. Movies that were converted and drag and dropped into iTunes I am getting zero luck. Hope someone can help.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?video=avangate&aid=689

Pretty sure that has a free trial, give it a shot. That's what I use for converting my movies, but I have owned it for a couple of years. Should be plenty of free options, I've just not needed to look for them. FWIW, the movies I converted with it...worked fine on the 3G and work fine on my 3GS.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007