3GS video sending

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
HELLO ALL,

I HAVE A 3GS AND I AM WONDERING HOW TO RECOVER MY LONGER VIDEOS THAT WILL NOT SEND OR EMAIL BECAUSE THEY ARE TO BIG. IS THERE ANYWAY IN SETTINGS THAT WOULD ALLOW YOU TO SEND A LARGER VIDEO FILE. BY VIDEO'S I AM TALKING ABOUT THE ONE'S I RECORD ON MY iPhone. i KNOW I CAN YOU TUBE THEM BUT ON SOME I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DVD OR SOMETHING.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
ERIC

P.S. JUST REALIZED THE CAPS SORRY :(

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
3.0 currently lets you email your videos that you have shot on the phone. you shouldnt have any problem with emailing videos, it would have to be a really long video.

Alternatively, if it really is too big, the only way to get them from your iPhone will be to sync with your computer and then edit / compress / send through your pc.

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
I can't email anything over 15 seconds. Something has to be wrong. How large of a video have you emailed?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I just tried to email a 1-minute video and got the "video too long to send" error. I tried with a 46-second video and it worked. Technically, all the videos captured by the 3GS are of the same resolution, so the limit should be the same for everyone on the video file size, right? Weird.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I just tried to email a 1-minute video and got the "video too long to send" error. I tried with a 46-second video and it worked. Technically, all the videos captured by the 3GS are of the same resolution, so the limit should be the same for everyone on the video file size, right? Weird.
it all depends on how big of a file your e mail provider lets you send in one message.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
it all depends on how big of a file your e mail provider lets you send in one message.
I was using my .Mac/MobileMe account to send it. The max size of an email can be 20MB. I haven't checked, but I don't think a 1-minute 3GS video is more than 20MB, so there must be some other factor... :confused:

spyrwebs

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Travelin man, SOCAL
If you have a MAC, you can use iPhoto to import any size video from the 3GS. .MOV format

Not sure about PC, haven't used it in a while, maybe just the regular windows photo importing would work fine.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Keep in mind actual file size of a video depends on compressibility of what was shot. A 60 second video of nothing but a blue sky will be much smaller, in file size, than say a 60 second video of a crowd of moving people.

--
Mike

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
I believe there is a 10mb cap on emailing videos. If you are using a pc then plug your iPhone in and the camera wizard should pop up then you can copy them to your hard drive.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Keep in mind actual file size of a video depends on compressibility of what was shot. A 60 second video of nothing but a blue sky will be much smaller, in file size, than say a 60 second video of a crowd of moving people.

--
Mike
I didn't think about that. Nearly every one of my videos is of my dog doing something goofy, so they aren't horribly "dense" with a lot to compress.

It would be nice to see some sort of marker on videos that need to be shortened before they can be sent, and even better if there was no limit at all when you're connected to a wifi network...