3GS Windows to MAC

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
OK after 15 or so years I am going to bite the big one and switch from a HP windows 2000 to a MAC notebook Pro. Once I have authorized the MAC to my iTunes account, how do I move all of my applications and music to the new MAC (both purchased as well as loaded from CD's)? Can and how would I just using the iPhone?

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
Well upon initial set up of your Mac it'll ask you if you want to transfer files. So documents, music etc can be done in initial setup over wifi, or ethernet, as for applications, I would think you would have to do that manually by finding the Mac compatible equivalent to what ever you were running on your Windows machine.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
I guess I am asking is there a way just to connect my iPhone to the MAC and transfer it that way. Since everything is on my iPhone.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Yes, plug into iTunes and authorize computer. Then transfer all purchases. For anything not bought through iTunes you need to use a program such as ifunbox to transfer from phone to mac

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Yes, plug into iTunes and authorize computer. Then transfer all purchases. For anything not bought through iTunes you need to use a program such as ifunbox to transfer from phone to mac
Thank you. One question, once that is done, and I sync the iPhone with the new Mac will the other non purchased items transfer from the iPhone to the new mac?

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Non purchased items include what? Cracked apps (pirated apps) iTunes will delete those.
Pirated music/movies will be fine.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
After you use a program such as ifunbox. This type of program copies music / photos etc to your mac. Then, import into iTunes and sync with your phone again and you basically done!

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Non purchased items are CD's that were purchased via over the counter (retail)

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Acording to Apple all I have todo is import the iTunes folder from the PC to the mac via external hard drive.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
haha yes you can do that, but you said you would prefer to do it via your phone as everything is on there! lol.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Has anyone tried this ? I am about to get a MBP and want to connect and not have to do anything (other than what's in the link) but maybe just put the music on to the mac though syncing the iPhone or external HD/DVD/CD's.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
OK after 15 or so years I am going to bite the big one and switch from a HP windows 2000 to a MAC notebook Pro. Once I have authorized the MAC to my iTunes account, how do I move all of my applications and music to the new MAC (both purchased as well as loaded from CD's)? Can and how would I just using the iPhone?
Welcome to the world of Mac. You are going to wonder why you didn't make the switch long ago. BTW: get your wallet ready because once you take a bite of the Apple there is no turning back. You will most likely be hooked for life. Once you go Mac, you never go back. Congratulations! Mark;)

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
15 years as windows. Keep in mind my first computer was a IIe second amac plus with two flopies then a SE. Been there left their like you said now I am coming home again