3Gunrestrictor now available in Cydia

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Just noticed it this morning. The app cost's $2 but it sounds like it worth it. They claim it does a lot more than VoIPover3G. Here's the description & features from the more info page.

3G Unrestrictor is an iPhone application which allows you to go around the iPhone's limitations while on 3G/EDGE like no VoIP, no downloading of files bigger than 10MB from the AppStore or iTunes Store and low quality YouTube videos. It allows those things by tricking applications into believing they are on WiFi, even though they are on 3G or EDGE.
3G Unrestrictor is the premium successor of the popular VoIPover3G app for the iPhone.

You can for example while on 3G/EDGE/GRPS:
Make free calls using VoIP software like Skype, Fring, Truphone and others
Watch TV with SlingPlayer
Watch high quality YouTube Videos, just like on WiFi
Download apps bigger than 10MB
Download podcasts bigger than 10MB

Developers were forced to put those restrictions in by Apple, but since with the help of 3G Unrestrictor, the apps actually "think" they are on WiFi, you can do all that.
Note: 3G Unrestrictor does not work on Firmwares lower than 3.0

Warning: If you use this for bypass something your provider or anyone else forbids and you get caught, you cannot hold me responsible for that.
This is just a warning to protect myself. VoIPover3G (the predecessor of 3G Unrestrictor) has been available and used on the iPhone for months and I never heared once about anyone having problems with it in this regard.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
looks like there's a problem with the app not being able to d/l large files from the app store and iTunes. The dev said he should have an update (1.0.1) out sometime tomorrow. I just tried it with YouTube and it worked just fine.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
looks like there's a problem with the app not being able to d/l large files from the app store and iTunes. The dev said he should have an update (1.0.1) out sometime tomorrow. I just tried it with YouTube and it worked just fine.
So how exactly does it work? Do you download it and it's unlocked the limitations or every time you want to use something you have to go into the app and then your app?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm having problems downloading the actual app. I keep getting 'host unreachable' and 'forbidden'

The thing is that i've payed for it already, but i don't have it on my phone. Any ideas?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
A big "me too."

While I like Cydia, of course, it's hard to ignore that it is far from the app store experience. Like not having comments on every app, clearly defined compatibility sections, or even just adequate descriptions of what an app is supposed to do.

If user comments are a choice made by those submitting apps, not cool. I'd imagine there are plenty of app store vendors who would love to disable comments. So I mainly stay away from apps with no user comments, especially since it's the comments that have warned me about many apps.

And now it seems Cydia itself is down, or at least marginal.

--
Mike

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
just in addition there's no adverts in the appstore like there is in cydia.

I can't even download something i've payed for- does anybody know or experienced anything similar?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've totally lost cydia now... oh dear

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I can't get anything through Icy either. I wonder whats going on. I'm furious with this whole 3G unrestrictor thing. Since i've tried to re-download it (After the 1st attempt failed) now this happens. :(

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I removed cydia and reinstalled it, now when i click on it, the phone goes to boot it up and it crashes literally 2 seconds later. I hate having issues.