3proxy?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
trying to tether my iPhone and it says i have to install mobile terminal (which i got no problem) and 3proxy. i am jailbroken using pwnage tool 2.0.1 on my 3g and i can't find 3proxy anywhere in cydia, do i have to install a source or anything, it tells me on a bunch of tutorials that i have to have it, but i can't find it, thanks.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you have $10 to spare, just download NetShare. It's a lot simpler and you have a explanation to back you up if AT&T catches you. (Apple let it into the AppStore, thereforee it wasn't hacking.)

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah, i think thats what i'm gonna do, thanks man

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
looks like Apple took that down too, can't find it in the app store, SAWEEEEET haha

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yes, it is down as of now. It was up, then down, then up, now back down. Nullriver - the developer - claims that they are working with Apple to get the app back up on the AppStore.

mikedsilva

Aug 8, 2008
is netshare only available in certain iTunes stores?
I'm in Australia but when i do a search for netshare, it says it is not available in Australian iTunes store.

is there another way of finding 3proxy? it doesn't show up in Cydia...

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah i have been searching for the past day now and can't find netshare or 3proxy anywhere. hopefully 3proxy is available on the updated version of cydia cause i really want to tether my iPhone to computer.

mikedsilva

Aug 8, 2008
OK
the first time i got Cydia, it asked me what sort of user i was in order to limit the types of apps that I could see...
I must have chosen the basic one which explains why i couldnt find 3proxy.
In Cydia, click on "manage"... then you can see a "settings" button. Press "settings" which gives 3 choices of either USER, HACKER, OR DEVELOPER.
I changed to Developer.
Then i clicked on Sections/Install....all packages, then went right to the bottom to get 3 proxy.

Got the tether to work fine too. The download speeds were up to 140kB/second (kilobytes, not kilobits) which is good.

I found a couple of oddities; i set the iPhone not to turn itself off ever... If it went to sleep mode, the laptop couldnt find the phone.
It will only work with Firefox... IE doesn't work. Outlook wont send/receiver either.

Am i doing something wrong?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
OK
the first time i got Cydia, it asked me what sort of user i was in order to limit the types of apps that I could see...
I must have chosen the basic one which explains why i couldnt find 3proxy.
In Cydia, click on "manage"... then you can see a "settings" button. Press "settings" which gives 3 choices of either USER, HACKER, OR DEVELOPER.
I changed to Developer.
Then i clicked on Sections/Install....all packages, then went right to the bottom to get 3 proxy.

Got the tether to work fine too. The download speeds were up to 140kB/second (kilobytes, not kilobits) which is good.

I found a couple of oddities; i set the iPhone not to turn itself off ever... If it went to sleep mode, the laptop couldnt find the phone.
It will only work with Firefox... IE doesn't work. Outlook wont send/receiver either.

Am i doing something wrong?
dude, you are the fucking man, changing my settings to developer and bam i got 3 proxy, i owe you big time.

Sep 29, 2007
If you run into any problems I wrote a guide on how to tether your iPhone 3g just pm me for it

CalvinTy

Aug 22, 2008
nubee here what is the advantage of 3proxy if one is tether. Isn't mobility the new wave?

Dean_3G

Aug 10, 2008
nubee here what is the advantage of 3proxy if one is tether. Isn't mobility the new wave?

You can use your 3g iPhone wifi to connect to your laptop. This is useful if you are in a area where there is no wifi.