3rd iPhone in 32 days...help please

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
so i bought my 1st iPhone nov 29th. I had to pay $175 to get out of my contract with verizon. SO my iPhone was having issues not syncing with my pc. SO i took it it to an Apple store and they gave me a "new" REFURBISHED iPhone. the battery life on that one SUCKED. So I took it back. They gave me another "new" REFURB and this one...OMG! The iPhone freezes, like right now it says 9:45AM, but it is 12:24PM, I don't get ANY calls, texts, or voicemails when the phone is in stand by. so after spending an hour on the phone with Apple, they wouldn't help me b/c they said it was a problem with AT&T. so i spend an hour with AT&T and they say its an iPhone defect...what the heck do i do now...I hate getting refurbs but Apple wont help...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
so i bought my 1st iPhone nov 29th. I had to pay $175 to get out of my contract with verizon. SO my iPhone was having issues not syncing with my pc. SO i took it it to an Apple store and they gave me a "new" REFURBISHED iPhone. the battery life on that one SUCKED. So I took it back. They gave me another "new" REFURB and this one...OMG! The iPhone freezes, like right now it says 9:45AM, but it is 12:24PM, I don't get ANY calls, texts, or voicemails when the phone is in stand by. so after spending an hour on the phone with Apple, they wouldn't help me b/c they said it was a problem with AT&T. so i spend an hour with AT&T and they say its an iPhone defect...what the heck do i do now...I hate getting refurbs but Apple wont help...

Take it back and demand a Brand New One, 3 times return is bad enough. Don't settle for less.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
Take it back and demand a Brand New One, 3 times return is bad enough. Don't settle for less.
i tried. AT&T (where i bought the iPhone) says to go to Apple. Apple says to go to AT&T...

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Someone is doing you wrong. Demand a NEW PHONE not a refurb. Those are OK for loaners I guess,but you bought a new phone and deserve a new replacement.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
This is Apple's deal. AT&T has nothing to do with this. Apple needs to make the replacement. Demand a NEW phone.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I'm on my second iPhone and went through the whole run around between AT&T and Apple. It infuriated me how neither company wanted to take responsibility for the product. But finally I found the right person who was willing to help me. Any update? Did you get it resolved?

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
wait they give you a refurbished iPhone when you take it to the Apple store? couse i took my to get a new one couse my original wouldn't work and i got it like 2 weeks ago. they gave me one out of this little white box. if thats true im getting on the phone with them and demanding they send me a brand new one in the mail couse im not driving 25 miles to a dam Apple store.

mb190e

Bronze
Dec 3, 2007
I had this same problem with my first new otb 1.1.2 iPhone missed 40+ calls in two day I even missed calls when I was holding the iPhone and staring at it. the clock was rarely right. I got mine from Apple and took I back to Apple the guy said he heard about this problem before. it had something to do with the hardware not allowing the phone to come out of sleep mode for a phone call, clock, date, time or voicemail. if the phone not in sleep mode it would receive a call.

P.S. he gave me a new iPhone with out even turning on the old phone

scott

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
wait they give you a refurbished iPhone when you take it to the Apple store? couse i took my to get a new one couse my original wouldn't work and i got it like 2 weeks ago. they gave me one out of this little white box. if thats true im getting on the phone with them and demanding they send me a brand new one in the mail couse im not driving 25 miles to a dam Apple store.

You got the refurbished one, in fact it might have been 1 that bun_boy3 took back and they repaired it.:mad:

nicegoogly

Nov 4, 2007
If the rugrat at the genius bar does not help you, ask to speak to the manager (never let them give the assistant manager because it usually is not an assistant manager, but another kid with a red shirt, like the guys that get killed in Star Trek). If your problem is not solved ask for the following: the regional manager's name and contact information and a number to file a formal complaint regarding the phone and service you received. I would also do the same with AT&T, the store and customer service. In the long run they are idle threats, but it may motivate someone into doing something.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Just like nicgoogly said...move up that chain and keep going! Eventually you will find someone who will help you. I emailed the Pres. of AT&T once cause my previous blackberry was problematic and I was sent from the store to the 800 number and back to the store. They gave me a new phone and told me to sell my old one. So complaining does work!

FYI guys.....always buy your iPhone from Apple! not from AT&T. Apple will give you a NEW phone if you bought it from them and within the 14 day period! and do not let those genius guys try to give you a refurb one within that time period! However, if you bought it at AT&T and it is within the 14 day period, Apple will hand you a refurb.

This actucally happened right in front of me, I got a new one and the guy next to me got a refurb because he bought his from AT&T. The explanation....... two inventories! phones purchased from AT&T are not tracked by Apples inventory

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
well after all the bs...i finally got a brand new iPhone from Apple. hopefully the 4th one works!