3rd Party Apps Coming Soon.....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 17, 2007
Just saw this over at engadget. By all appearances, the iPhone will start supporting 3rd party apps, without having to jailbreak. This is phenomenal news.

Read Here

Last edited by a moderator:

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
The Guys working on this Tool are doing a great Job. I can't wait for them to finish refining and testing it. Once they release it, I will not be getting much sleep.

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Currently, people who want to play games, install word styled documents, instant messaging programs, etc... have to use websites in order to achieve this. However, having it installed on the phone increases speed, efficeny, areas of use, as well as security. It also increases the possibilties of iphoen friendly applications due to size and speed complications online.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
what kind of icons? Like could we be able to hack and create let's say a gba emulator and put it as an icon? Sorry if my ?'s are dumb but I really want to know this because it sounds cool

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
For an example think of your PC. Let's say we can't install any software on our desktop. If we wanted to play a game we would have to go to www.addictinggames.com. Well once our PC's supported 3rd party applications, we can install games such as Zoo Tycoon and launch them from our start menu - even if we didn't have an internet connection.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
For an example think of your PC. Let's say we can't install any software on our desktop. If we wanted to play a game we would have to go to www.addictinggames.com. Well once our PC's supported 3rd party applications, we can install games such as Zoo Tycoon and launch them from our start menu - even if we didn't have an internet connection.
so we could be able to play games on our iPhone wihout the need of internet connection?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Not to be mr johnny raincloud but we still may be WAYS away. Look at the 360, a 'hello world' to load unsigned code was released back in december and there is still nothing.