diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
Just got a Tweet from iPhoneDev...... Apple has release an update 4.0.2.... per the DevTeam do not update as of now if you want to keep your jailbreak....

~S

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
A legitimate fix I guess but how many iPhones were compromised by this security issue before now? I can't recall a single problem related to this issue which I am assuming has been in existence since the first iPhone. Wonder how long until the first "I updated to 4.0.2 and lost my jailbreak" post.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I know jbme used this exploit. I suppose others could try it now that it is more publicized.
yes in this case I really think Apple had to get the fix out quickly. If Jailbreakme could do what it does/did with this exploit could you imagine what else could be done, for nefarious purposes? Yikes. Now while us jailbreakers have some measure of protection if we have loaded PDF Loading Warner, the non-jailbroken masses are like sitting ducks.

Michael

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
so glad i saved my 4.0.1 shsh blobs! i can downgrade to 4.0.1 or 4.0 anytime i want.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I don't understand why we cant apply the update, if it just patches the PDF exploit. If you're already jailbroken it wouldn't matter if the patch was applied, unless you need to jailbreak again. Am I wrong (again)?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
What? Of course you have to jailbreak again! It isn't just a "patch" it is the complete firmware. They don't do "patches."

Michael

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
What? Of course you have to jailbreak again! It isn't just a "patch" it is the complete firmware. They don't do "patches."

Michael
That's what I was wondering about. No one mentioned anything but the PDF patch, so I thought maybe that's all the update did.