4.0 bugs.. List em here

alcokev

Bronze
Jun 1, 2008
Anyone elses ringer not ring in incoming call? Has happened several times to me over the past few days.. Also sometimes my lock/unlock sound goes very quiet , not sure if these problems are connected .

alcokev

Bronze
Jun 1, 2008
Also how do we report bugs to Apple?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Also how do we report bugs to Apple?
Haven't noticed any of your possible bugs since I am always on silent.

Bug reporting can be done, only by developers, at http://bugreporter.apple.com where you will be able to fill out a bug report form. They usually don't take very long to get back to you, either asking for more info or telling you it has already been reported.

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I also have the ringer issue.

text messages sometimes don't make a sound either.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I also have the ringer issue.

text messages sometimes don't make a sound either.
I've had this happen recently with 3.1.3 Reboot and see if it starts working again. sometimes the headphones cause this issue.
Now if you never used the headphones and you have this problem, that is different.

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
yes I just reboot, and it works fine.

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
About more than half of the time when I receive a TXT message there is no sound. My phone just lights up and vibrates even though the sound is on. Once I reboot my phone it will work for a few TXT message alerts but then stop.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
About more than half of the time when I receive a TXT message there is no sound. My phone just lights up and vibrates even though the sound is on. Once I reboot my phone it will work for a few TXT message alerts but then stop.
in between the reboots, are you plugging anything into the headphone jack?

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
No I have nothing plugged into the phone at all.

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Just noticed that if Im in the SMS app and choose to do a new text by clicking the message icon on the top right of the SMS app.... when it takes you to the new message usually the curser is located in the " To:" field but I've noticed sometimes the curser is located in the "Send" field.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
That is definitely something Apple should know

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Not sure if its just me but another issue in SMS is when someone sends me a photo and I try to forward the photo it won't let me. There's no send button. Anyone else have that problem ?

Or if you are in your photo gallery and try to send an MMS from there it gives me the same error. The only way I can send an MMS is when I'm in a current text message and click on the camera icon.

Apr 13, 2010
Well I found that u can't use iPod pop up controls. One way I found out to do it if it's on your backup if double click is to go to iPod, you and double click but the second click hold it down. And it will go to iPod. But u can't change the settings for this. Under home button settings there is nothing. Hope this helps!

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Well I found that u can't use iPod pop up controls. One way I found out to do it if it's on your backup if double click is to go to iPod, you and double click but the second click hold it down. And it will go to iPod. But u can't change the settings for this. Under home button settings there is nothing. Hope this helps!
Yes this has been listed in features here. Hopefully they keep it and allow us to change what it does.

Last edited by a moderator:

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
well i have seen on mine that sometime i get a text and go reply and the sms screen all blank no text just shows the background and then the text box where you write like doubles in size then i have seen lag in the sms app while typing and i just seen a big one while working out i got a call and i didn't pick up well then i went to watch a music video while finishing up and then the voice mail password pop up needing my password and i couldn't enter it or exit out of it and go back to the video then while hitting the home button it still did nothing and power button was no good had to hold the power and home button for it to turn off well there just few that i have came a cross i post pictures of the text bugs when they happen next time

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Degradation of screen shots. I captured an original pic with a screen shot, and copied the copied pic a couple times and there is a very noticeable difference in captured shots.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I also have a problem with e-mailed photos having the bottoms cropped off. Can I get confirmation that this is a problem from someone else, or is this just my unit?

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I'm seeing that in-app purchases are not working. When I try a purchase the pop-up appears (with the keyboard) asking for my password, but the screen freezes and I can not type anything. I have to exit the program to unfreeze the phone.

~S

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Degradation of screen shots. I captured an original pic with a screen shot, and copied the copied pic a couple times and there is a very noticeable difference in captured shots.
Weird, I don't see this. How many times are you copying?