4.7", 5.5", or 4" iPhone 6?

If all three sizes were available, which one would you prefer?

• 4.7" iPhone 6

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • 5.5" iPhone 6

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • 4" iPhone 6

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'd like to get an indication of how people feel concerning which size iPhone 6 they would prefer, assuming that all three sizes are available.

My personal preference is for the 5.5" iPhone 6, though that choice could be difficult if there is an additional wait for this model.

Thank you..

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I hope there isn't a wait for the 5.5" iPhone 6 model, but as long as it fits in my pocket than I'm happy. I believe my dad said his Android is 5" and it's fine but what about 5.5"?

Wow I found an image comparing iPhone 5s to the iPhone 5.5". That's humongous, but again I love the latest and the greatest, for the iPhone that is. I don't need the biggest size screen for the Mac. But will the iPhone 6 5.5" fit in ones pocket is the question.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Really tough call, especially, as you and the mill say the wait for the 5.5 is likely going to be longer.
I know my eyes would appreciate more screen real estate.
Also think it's very likely we will see a hardware price increase for the venti model, so for some (like me) that will have to be factored in as well...

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I'd love to have the 5.5" screen for many uses. But using as a phone to talk seems a bit too large. It would feel like holding a cookie sheet up to my ear. If I could afford 2 Verizon accounts, I'd keep my 5 for small uses and get the 5.5" for TV/Movies, reading and photoshop. I'll probably get the 4.7". Price will be a factor and I want more than 16 gb. Decisions, decisions! :unsure:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Really tough call, especially, as you and the mill say the wait for the 5.5 is likely going to be longer.
I know my eyes would appreciate more screen real estate.
Also think it's very likely we will see a hardware price increase for the venti model, so for some (like me) that will have to be factored in as well...
Venti?

Don't make me slap you.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I'd love to have the 5.5" screen for many uses. But using as a phone to talk seems a bit too large. It would feel like holding a cookie sheet up to my ear. If I could afford 2 Verizon accounts, I'd keep my 5 for small uses and get the 5.5" for TV/Movies, reading and photoshop. I'll probably get the 4.7". Price will be a factor and I want more than 16 gb. Decisions, decisions! :unsure:
Have you ever handled a 5.5 inch screen to place a phone call? It feels perfectly natural. Actually the super tiny phones always felt weird to me because when you hold up the phone, the mic on the bottom of the phone was by your cheek and nowhere near your mouth.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I would definitely go with the 4.7 inch model. I have an S3 for work and I see that as the perfect size. My eyes would most likely appreciate the 5.5 inch model, but that seems a little too big to carry around in the back pocket of my Dockers at work. I am pretty sure I am going with white on the next model.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Have you ever handled a 5.5 inch screen to place a phone call? It feels perfectly natural. Actually the super tiny phones always felt weird to me because when you hold up the phone, the mic on the bottom of the phone was by your cheek and nowhere near your mouth.
When I talk on my iPhone 5, the bottom mic is at the corner of my mouth. So I figure the 4.7" will be just right for me. The mic on the 5.5" would probably be down on my chin. We'll see. I'll have time to check 'em out at the Verizon store. I'll get mine on contract in February.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
When I talk on my iPhone 5, the bottom mic is at the corner of my mouth. So I figure the 4.7" will be just right for me. The mic on the 5.5" would probably be down on my chin. We'll see. I'll have time to check 'em out at the Verizon store. I'll get mine on contract in February.
I'm not worried about mic location. 5+" Androids have been making successful calls for at least a couple of years..

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I played with my coworker's S5 the other day, and thought I could get used to that size, but I don't think I'd want to go bigger, so I'd prefer 4.7".