4 and 4S SIM the same?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Jeep, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Jeep

Jeep New Member

Wondering if I can swap my 4S sim into my wife's 4. And still be able to use my unlimited data plan. Just need to do it once in a while. There are a few things the 4 does better than the 4S for me.

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Yes, both use microsim.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, that's fine. In your experience, what does the 4 do better than the 4S?

4. Jeep

Jeep New Member

Currently there are a few apps that I need when traveling that are only available via jailbreak, including one a friend and I made just for me to access data on my work network and access a software package on the same network. Also the superior battery life and the stronger wi-fi signal of the 4 is important for me on the road.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, jailbreaking it adds a lot of functionality. The battery life on the 4 is slightly better, but that's because it's running a slower processor and isn't quite as fast. I haven't had any problems with my WiFi signal strength on the 4S.

6. Jeep

Jeep New Member

I know everyone has their own use and opinions so I am not really looking to debate which one has a better battery or why. There are plenty of those posts on here already. In my use, the 4 is not slightly better, it is vastly better. Again, my use. Don't get me wrong, I like my 4S for most things, but I really need that jailbreak.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No problem, I was just curious. It was well worth the upgrade to me, but I realize that isn't the case for everyone. I don't even notice a difference in the battery life between my 4 and 4S, but I know it's there since Apple acknowledges it. I had rapid battery drain on 5.0, but 5.0.1 fixed that for me. Needing the jailbreak apps is completely understandable. I've been jailbreaking for a few years now and find several of the apps and tweaks very useful.

8. Jeep

Jeep New Member

It's worth the upgrade for me also for the most part. I get a new iPhone every year....except when I had my 4....man that took too long to get to the 4S.

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'm still on the 4. I'd have a 4S for free but I'm not burning an upgrade when there is a high possibility (It's probably 100% true) of a new iPhone this year. I may even jump to another phone for a while, just to get a feel of a different OS.

A few of my friends complain to me about the iPhone 4S's battery, is it really that bad? I feel lucky to be on the 4 as my battery life is great.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

We can upgrade in the US for free so I don't consider it burning an upgrade. The old one sells for $300+ on Craigslist and then you can buy the new one with that money and make a little profit. Then you're set for the next year as well since the 4S will be worth more than the 4 next October. I can't stick with old technology when I can use the new stuff for free (as long as I'm willing to do a Craigslist sale). And let me tell you, that sale was a piece of cake. Five minutes to post the ad and my phone sold two hours later.

No, the 4S battery is great, IME.

11. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I was going to reply to this thread but it seems you've summed up my response rather succinctly. :)