$4 app turns your iPhone into a VHS camcorder

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
It would come in very handy in some situations—for example, if you're attending an 80s party and want to capture the full effect.

Or if you're just plain bored and want to do something different. :D
I've got to ask, how many people attend 80s parties? If I'm going to be attending a party, it's going to be a techno/Electronica/90s party.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I don't understand. Sic is used for a quoted passage and this just seems out of context.
I think he's aware of that. He was subtly making sure you and others are aware it's another intentional gaffe. :)

He used it out of context for humorous effect, like if I were to use a hashtag in a post on eiC where it doesn't perform any function. #YouNeedMoreCoffee

Or if I were speaking to someone face to face and say the sentence, "Oh, I heart you so much!"

Edited: Minor changes to wording.

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't understand. Sic is used for a quoted passage and this just seems out of context.
It means it was an intentional spelling error. We've been doing this because you didn't notice we were intentionally doing that in the grammar thread and called him out on the error. This place is no fun.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I think he's aware of that. He was subtly making sure you and others are aware it's another intentional gaffe. :)

He used it out of context for humorous effect, like if I were to use a hashtag in a post on eiC where it doesn't perform any function. #YouNeedMoreCoffee

Or if I were speaking to someone face to face and say the sentence, "Oh, I heart you so much!"

Edited: Minor changes to wording.
Yeah. It's crystal clear his reasoning. We don't need to drive the nail any deeper into the coffin.

I saw Europa's post before yours which is why there is total disorder.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Yeah. It's crystal clear his reasoning. We don't need to drive the nail any deeper into the coffin.

I saw Europa's post before yours which is why there is total disorder.
Glad to hear we're all on the same page now.

So, going back to the app, I really like the idea behind it. If it were five years earlier when I still had a job and went on the occasional social outing, I would buy it, but at this particular stage of my life, I think I'll wait for to it go free or be discounted to $1, and then get it.

The App Store should have a feature that allows you to mark an app to automatically keep an eye on the price and get a notification if the price drops below a specified amount, hah! I think I'll suggest that to Apple.