4 GB? Dumb or no?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
though Apple is giving us a great battery, the iPhone will be just like the iPod- battery life gets shorter as you use it more often. my question is this- if i get a 4GB iPhone, i will spend less time using the iPod feature, meaning less battery recharges needed, meaning more battery life. not to mention, i'm saving $100 , and the 4gb will almost definitely be a lot easier to obtain. your thoughts?

gentlegiantcraig

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Sunny South Florida
though Apple is giving us a great battery, the iPhone will be just like the iPod- battery life gets shorter as you use it more often. my question is this- if i get a 4GB iPhone, i will spend less time using the iPod feature, meaning less battery recharges needed, meaning more battery life. not to mention, i'm saving $100 , and the 4gb will almost definitely be a lot easier to obtain. your thoughts?
Whatever I can get my hands on, is what I am buying.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I tend to manage my music quite well and have very detailed (small) playlists, so 4gb would work fine for me...for music. It's the rest of the stuff I'm beginning to worry about. Got myself thinking I must buy the 8gb model. Heck, I don't know. It's only another hundred bucks.

Either way, I'm not at all worried about the battery. I will use it hard and use it often, and I expect it will perform flawlessly.

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
i guess it just depends on the person, i know 8gb isn't enough for my music collection hahaha
Same here.

and from what I've heard it will not be an external HD? in that case I will not need the 8 gig so much since the memory on my POS computer is horrible.

Green Goggles

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I can't believe Apple is even offering a 4gb model.
8gb should be the smallest.

But yes, I'm following you're line of thinking and it makes sense.

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
8gb for me. It's running OSX and the more memory you have the better it runs? At least thats true for my Mac's

G5, two IMACS and a powerbook

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
If they only have 4 B left I'll get that if I have to. Right now I only have about 700MB on my Nano. I'm not really gona be into watching that many videos on the phone anyway.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
I;m thinking about the 4GB. I did the math and though getting another 4 GB for only 100 bucks, I;m still going to be walking out of the AT&T/Apple store having spent ALOT of money and I don't know if I can swing another 100.

I have my Purchased music playlist which has about 500 songs and totals about 1.26GB with a few music videos and stuff in there. I also have one other playlist of CDs I bought that I made for the iPhone. So in total Im using at 2 GB for Music, i may put some pixar shorts on it or something and with my address book I'll have plenty of room.

I;m sure like anything, its only going to get bigger and better, but we'll talk about that when the time comes ;)

I cannot take the people planning the death if the 1st gen iPhone when it hasn't even been released yet. Gripe because it doesn't have 3G or whatever but you cant deny it is revolutionary.