4 GB now? or wait?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hey everyone.

I have the choice of someone selling me a brand new 4 gb now, or should I wait about 2 weeks until I can get a hold of an 8?

Thanks.

ccr78

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I wouldn't go for anything less than an 8 gig, personally.

I use my phone for music, videos, and movies all the time, so storage matters.

I guess it depends on how much you will use it for media.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Hey everyone.

I have the choice of someone selling me a brand new 4 gb now, or should I wait about 2 weeks until I can get a hold of an 8?

Thanks.
The 4 is fine if you don't have a huge music collection you want to put on your phone. I myself have the 4 but I am exchanging mine for an 8 as soon as the Apple stores here in Dallas have more 8 GB models in stock

themattman

Jul 3, 2007
Mission Viejo, CA
Hey everyone.

Thanks.
Definitely wait the two weeks. Yes its going to suck to wait but come on.

Get 4GB now and forever have it.
or
Wait two weeks and have an 8GB forever.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I wouldn't go for anything less than an 8 gig, personally.

I use my phone for music, videos, and movies all the time, so storage matters.

I guess it depends on how much you will use it for media.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking but then again, I do have an ipod nano that I take everywhere...

hmmm, what a hard decision. lol

CLOUDHOPPER

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Same size. I was referring to the hard drive space.

I say sell the nano and just use the iPhone as your iPod/Phone.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Same size. I was referring to the hard drive space.

I say sell the nano and just use the iPhone as your iPod/Phone.
hmm, I wouldn't sell my nano because I use that when I skate/snowboard and I wouldn't want to take my iPhone out there you know?

:sick:

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I got the 4GB and to me it isn't that much different. I don't have that much I want to listen to. I just like my new music, and then I can put some vids on there, and I am ready to go. Just think, you can always delete.

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
i personally wouldn't want it much smaller. the keyboard would be much harder to use, the videos would be smaller. the size is kinda big but i guess it needs to be.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I got the 4GB and to me it isn't that much different. I don't have that much I want to listen to. I just like my new music, and then I can put some vids on there, and I am ready to go. Just think, you can always delete.
Yeah, that's what I was planning on doing.

I don't NEED all my music on there, if not any.

I will probably go with the 4 gb. because my patiences sucks right now (haha, especially reading the forums everyday).

Thanks for the help and feedback, everyone. I'll let you guys know which one I end up getting.

Iwantmymtv35

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah, I waited in line, and I got a 4GB. I was like, "No WAY am I going home, and waiting for the 8GB. I waited in this hot sun, and I am not happy."

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I actually wanted the 8 but they ran out and i got the last 4 my ATT store had. to be honest the 4 is all i need right now. I have a 190 songs, 90 pics, the movie Armagedon, and season finally of Heroes and still have 480mb left. I don't really need more than that, at the moment at least

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007

Same here..., 4 Gig was wnough for me. I put a couple hundred songs on it, and some TV shows. I'm set, and plenty of room left over.

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
I also have a 4gb and I have about 170 songs, 5hrs of video, & 190+ pictures on mine with room to spare. the fact that you can easily synch out things you are done with is perfect for my lifestyle. If I was always on the go, not near a computer, the 8gb would be a bit better.

I find myself being OCD, cramming all this video on this thing, then sitting home and watching it, in front of my 42" HDTV.

jda182

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Yeah, that was what I was thinking but then again, I do have an ipod nano that I take everywhere...

hmmm, what a hard decision. lol
i'd wait for the 8 gig, if you have the 8 gig you won't have to take your nano with you, you can just take your phone

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I also have a 4gb and I have about 170 songs, 5hrs of video, & 190+ pictures on mine with room to spare. the fact that you can easily synch out things you are done with is perfect for my lifestyle. If I was always on the go, not near a computer, the 8gb would be a bit better.

I find myself being OCD, cramming all this video on this thing, then sitting home and watching it, in front of my 42" HDTV

lmao, that's funny.