4 GB now? or wait?

mango

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
txtshirt.com
hmm, I wouldn't sell my nano because I use that when I skate/snowboard and I wouldn't want to take my iPhone out there you know?

:sick:
Wait for the 8gig..
I bought the 4gig only because the sold out of the 8s after i waited 4 hrs in line--i'm gettin that 8 when it drops too.

While your waitin 2 weeks 14 days, countless hours.
Stop by my online store and pick up the "slide to unlock" shirt i just finished.

I even have it is a sexy wife-beater too.

Peace & be patient.

-Mango-

tadrewcook

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I'll agree with the others: it's all in how you plan to use it.

I have a 4GB iPhone, and regardless of whether it's 4GB or 8 GB, it's still an iPhone with all the same features and the cool little slider thingees. I use mine for music and podcasts, about 400 songs and 10 podcasts on it right now, and I've still got plenty of space left over.

I personally will just keep my movies on my Ipod or Zune, since I know if I'm going to be doing something that warrants watching movies (travel or waiting around), then I'll just grab one of those. My iPhone is my phone, and it just so happens to have 4 GBs of space to throw some of my favorite songs on it when I feel the need to jam at a moment's notice.

comicfanatic28

Jul 6, 2007
any music or movie lover out there knows 4 or 8 gig will never be enough. I have a 4 gig very happy! Besides within 2 years there will be a 20 or 30 gig iPhone.

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
It really does depend on how you plan on using it.

However, I purchased the 8GB from Apple.com (still waiting for it, but at least it's coming) because I plan on using it for vacations as well as every day use. With the way the airport security has been since 9/11 it's just a pain to bring my laptop. So this way I can put movies and plenty of music to listen to and if I need to, I can delete pictures to cram more on there and then when I get back put the pics back on. However, I don't plan on keepin many pictures on there anyways.

If you think about it, when you go away for a long period of time, your iPhone can basically save a lot of space and become your laptop. I just hate getting stopped by security with my laptop. Its bad enough I have to get searched with the wand, I'd rather avoid any further incidents that will make the security process slower than if already is.

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah, that was what I was thinking but then again, I do have an ipod nano that I take everywhere...

hmmm, what a hard decision. lol
I've heard that about 95% of the phones sold were of the 8 GB model. Now if your present Nano can fit all the music you need on 3.3 GB or less then you're good to go. But that means, no real room for videos or pictures. All in all, I'd wait for the 8 GB.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I've heard that about 95% of the phones sold were of the 8 GB model. Now if your present Nano can fit all the music you need on 3.3 GB or less then you're good to go. But that means, no real room for videos or pictures. All in all, I'd wait for the 8 GB.
Yeah, I'm just going to wait. It's gonna kill me but whatever. ha, I dream about it and will continue to dream until I have it in my hands!

Clayfree

Jul 3, 2007
The 4 is fine if you don't have a huge music collection you want to put on your phone. I myself have the 4 but I am exchanging mine for an 8 as soon as the Apple stores here in Dallas have more 8 GB models in stock

Hey Aggieman,

I'm here in Dallas too. How are you going to swap your phone for an 8gig. Will the Apple store trade it out for you?

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
If you can get the 4gig without waiting for shipping, I say do it now.

Baby it for two weeks until the 8gig is available. Im sure that if you keep it pristine, you will be able to sell it in a couple weeks for little or no monetary loss. Hell, you could possibly even make a buck if you're getting it for actual $499.00 cost. They are going on ebay for between 500 and 650 every day.

You may even realize that the 8gig isn't necessary for you and just keep the 4. Who knows?

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Well I hope to get the 8 gb tomorrow...

It matters if my aunt is working or not. She lives in Glendale, and that's like the closest Apple store by me... (1 hour drive)

so hopefully she can get it for me tomorrow.

I'm hoping I can get lucky, since it's 7-7-07 and all. ;]

camtheram

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Colorado
On a 4GB as I type this right now. The iPhone is about a lot more than storage. I synced with iTunes and still have 3GB left. I hardly use the iPod function. I like the other functions more ;)

mango

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
txtshirt.com

It matters if my aunt is working or not. She lives in Glendale, and that's like the closest Apple store by me... (1 hour drive)

OK--keep us posted-
7 has alwayz been a lucky number for me-(Born in the 7th month)
Maybe I should play the Lottery-!

-Mango-

blkgenji

Jul 4, 2007

Britna,
Go for the 8GB :cool: the additional 4GB is worth the extra $100.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Alright, here's the plan for today.

Wait for my mom to get off of work (at around 3-4ish), then we will head down to Glendale Galleria (about an hour away) and pray that they have 8 gbs in.

I called them today and they said that they have a good amount for the day... so hopefully it's my lucky day.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Yeah who knows what kind of crazy crap will be in the future. Maybe more space will be good.

Clayfree

Jul 3, 2007
Success! I switched out my 4 for an 8 today. I had to pay a penalty for it but I like the video player so the 4 extra gigs will be worth it. Got the last one at the AT&T store near me.

blkgenji

Jul 4, 2007
Success! I switched out my 4 for an 8 today. I had to pay a penalty for it but I like the video player so the 4 extra gigs will be worth it. Got the last one at the AT&T store near me.
ClayFree,
Hopefully, you don't live near the Glendale Galleria :laugh2: Britna is hoping to pick-up hers today as well.

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
ClayFree,
Hopefully, you don't live near the Glendale Galleria :laugh2: Britna is hoping to pick-up hers today as well.
still waiting for my mom... AH, it's killing me. LOL

He said ATT store... whew.

but nah, I called them and said I won't be there til around 5 and he said they should have them still.

-_-