4 Main Icons won't switch with theme anymore

Sep 18, 2007
Hey all,

So last night someone here helped me get some custom things onto my phone (and I'm very grateful! :) ) but something odd is happening now. The 4 main icons (Phone, Mail, Safari, and IPod) won't switch with any themes. Even when I drag them off the dock and onto the main area with all the other icons they won't switch.

I copied a lot of icons (.png's) over to the phone, but I can't figure out what I could have copied that could have caused this. The icons they main 4 are stuck on are the default ones, not any of the icons I copied over to the phone. Also, the icons that I copied over, were copied to a new folder under themes, so in theory I can't see them overwriting anything because I created those folders.

Aside from that we copied a few files to some other areas. My slider, carrier logo and dock screen are all changed now (and working fine). The one piece I'm missing is getting those 4 main icons to switch with the rest of the icons when I change themes.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
This happened to me when using Summerboard. Couldn't figure out why some icons were resistant to the theme changes. Come to find out, I have renamed the problematic icons. Maybe this isn't your case but changing the names back to the original worked for me.

Sep 18, 2007
Thanks, but yeah, I don't think this is the issue with mine. Prior to last night the icons would change with the theme just fine.

I still think it's so odd that the icons won't change. I now have them off the dock on the main area and they're still not switching. All the other icons are, even the ones I moved to the dock. Just those 4 (Phone, Mail, Safari, and IPod) won't change at all.

There has to be something I must have overwritten... but I can't figure out what it could be. The other themes haven't changed at all, but when I switch the them the 4 icons don't change. (They did prior to this though)

Thanks for the info though!

Anyone else know what I might have done/what I can do to fix this? I love the theme, (custom slider images, etc) and don't want to lose it, but not being able to change the most important icons is highly annoying.

Sep 18, 2007
Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, this was a shameless bump. :)