4 million shipped in 07, 200-300K per month

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
just saw this report stating that 4 million iPhones will be shipped in 2007.

however, it seems only 200,000 - 300,000 will be shipped initially.

i guess this is our answer as to how many will be available upon release.

200,000 to 300,000. i'm hoping that Apple is low balling to remain conservative. if not, i hope we're all one of the lucky few.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/13778/

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
just saw this report stating that 4 million iPhones will be shipped in 2007.

however, it seems only 200,000 - 300,000 will be shipped initially.

i guess this is our answer as to how many will be available upon release.

200,000 to 300,000. i'm hoping that Apple is low balling to remain conservative. if not, i hope we're all one of the lucky few.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/13778/
That doesn't make sense as to hit Jobs' goal he specified during his keynote. Wasn't his goal like 10 million through '08?

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
read the article.

it states 4 million in 2007 and 12 million in 08...for a total of 16 million.

they definitely plan to beat their target.

the only issue it presents at this point is for us eager early adopters. we need to get our hands on one of the first batch or we may be screwed for a bit.

May 6, 2007
United States
This is interesting, but 300K seems a small launch number. I guess we will have to wait and see, but I certainly hope I can snag one of the first round iPhones :laugh2:

So let's do the math here. In an earlier thread, one mentioned, though I do not remember who :d, that the iPhone will be shipped to 2,000 stores at launch. And you mention that there will be about 300K at launch. Now, I understand that there will be stores with more than others, but this means, doing the simple math, that there will be 150 in each store. This is neither a correct average or a real correct number, but just an estimate :D

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This is interesting, but 300K seems a small launch number. I guess we will have to wait and see, but I certainly hope I can snag one of the first round iPhones :laugh2:

So let's do the math here. In an earlier thread, one mentioned, though I do not remember who :d, that the iPhone will be shipped to 2,000 stores at launch. And you mention that there will be about 300K at launch. Now, I understand that there will be stores with more than others, but this means, doing the simple math, that there will be 150 in each store. This is neither a correct average or a real correct number, but just an estimate :D
I don't think they'll get anywhere near 150 units/store. I'm thinking 20-30 is a more realistic number. When I worked with Cingular we would only get two or three of the higher priced phones (Moto V60i) and get about 30 of the giveaway phones (Nokia 5165). Cell phones get shipments daily if they need them. I just don't see them getting many to start with.

May 6, 2007
United States
I don't think they'll get anywhere near 150 units/store. I'm thinking 20-30 is a more realistic number. When I worked with Cingular we would only get two or three of the higher priced phones (Moto V60i) and get about 30 of the giveaway phones (Nokia 5165). Cell phones get shipments daily if they need them. I just don't see them getting many to start with.
I know, I was half joking. There is no way that any stores other than the flagship ones will get 150+ units. I was just seeing what the math turned out to be, but I am sure there will be uneven distribution. As you reminded me of, though, there is one good thing, being that these shipments should come in much faster and more frequently than the Wii or PS3 shipments. While those took weeks, even months, the stores should get new iPhone shipments every week or two. So if you can't snag it the first round, the second should come soon. But I am still hoping for the first, I can't wait any longer than I have to :laugh2:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I know, I was half joking. There is no way that any stores other than the flagship ones will get 150+ units. I was just seeing what the math turned out to be, but I am sure there will be uneven distribution. As you reminded me of, though, there is one good thing, being that these shipments should come in much faster and more frequently than the Wii or PS3 shipments. While those took weeks, even months, the stores should get new iPhone shipments every week or two. So if you can't snag it the first round, the second should come soon. But I am still hoping for the first, I can't wait any longer than I have to :laugh2:
Yep, I'm getting tired of waiting too.