$40,000 MacBook Air "Golden Age"

S

Starry

True luxury addicts need look no further than Bling My Thing's new “Golden Age” creation. Unveiled at CeBIT 2008, “Golden Age” is a Macbook Air decked in 12,000 Swarovski crystals. The crystals are even more shiny than usual thanks to a coating of 24k gold applied under each crystal. The translucence of the crystals allows for true layered luxury. Each “Golden Age” takes a week to construct since each and every crystal is hand-applied, so only 20 of these beauties exist, one of which will be for sale at Selfridges, Oxford Street, on March 18th. That is if you can muster up the £20,000 ($39,750) price tag for the mega-bling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK this is UGLY! LOL
and a waste of a good laptop!

Last edited by a moderator:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
True luxury addicts need look no further than Bling My Thing's new “Golden Age” creation. Unveiled at CeBIT 2008, “Golden Age” is a Macbook Air decked in 12,000 Swarovski crystals. The crystals are even more shiny than usual thanks to a coating of 24k gold applied under each crystal. The translucence of the crystals allows for true layered luxury. Each “Golden Age” takes a week to construct since each and every crystal is hand-applied, so only 20 of these beauties exist, one of which will be for sale at Selfridges, Oxford Street, on March 18th. That is if you can muster up the £20,000 ($39,750) price tag for the mega-bling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK this is UGLY! LOL
and a waste of a good laptop!
yeah uh, I'll pass. The cheap ole $1800 MBA looks better than that thing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well, at least now there's something to match my $20,000 iPhone case. Such a ridiculous waste of money.

sunny_and72

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
san diego
www.crystalninja.com
Bling MacBook Air, Bling-My-Thing

I just have to reply...hope its ok to do so, because I work for them.

WOW, Please just try to view it as what it is... amazing art. I mean Amazing Art.

Maybe the Bling isn't for everyone, but I will tell you, this company is the best at what it does. I joined with them this past June, received training in Berlin, Germany in November and I must say, the standards and craftsmanship just don't hold light to any other company out here. They are truly amazing at what they do. Not only do they special order the Aurum-24k Gold crystals, they have such tight quality control that they had this version of crystals developed especially for the company. The gold is applied UNDERNEATH the crystals, unlike other versions where the gold is a "coating" ontop of the stones... it will rub off easily..... These stones are good as gold! Yes, the price is a bit high for most of the population, but we can do many variations and designs. Almost budget can have a little bling. Just ask me, I can help you with prices until the USA shopping cart is live.

It is artwork for the digital age, and I would love for you to find anything else out there comparable. Its Just Fantastic. If you could only see it in person.

Sparklingly yours,
Kellie DeFries

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Why are the most expensive things always the ugliest?

H

Hayesimus

i WOULD make some snide comment about how cheap doesn't always mean beauty either and then relate it to my mom, but this thread is so fancy, i don't wanna ruin it... :p

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Its a good idea, but the design isn't very tasteful and is uglyy...but thats just my opinion.

S

Starry

what about your 47 year old buddy here... dammit buy me one too.... NOT!

S

Starry

You know it baby! LOL

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i think its safe to say that this product is not aimed towards the tech-forum type. like almost everything, there is a market for this style and i hope the company succeeds. it's not for me, but i wouldn't say it's ugly. i say the same about Angelina Jolie and I'm sure many would disagree. i'd take both if there were no other option.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Finally someone else that thinks Angelina Jolie just isn't that hot. I don't know what everyone's fascination with her is but it's almost entirely unwarranted.