4G showing?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Apple iAddicted, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

I finally got to a wifi connection and updated to 5.1 now my iPhone showin 4G and I know they working on getting 4G here buy not supposed to be until next year. Verizon has 4G coverage close by but not ATT as far I know. I remember my old carrier went to 3G back when and we would get 3G for a day or so then lose it for a month that went on for about 6 months or so before it was solid.
    My question did 5.1 add 4G to the 4s and does anyone know if they are testing 4G in Arkansas near Greenville MS cause we do pull off Greenville towers some cause we so close?

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s!
    Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

This should answer your question.

#2 chris, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

Yeah that got it. Basicly ATT 4G is a hoax according to those articles. True 4G LTE would make cable internet obsolete lol. I hit some streaming sites and pkayed a 25min video for once with no pauses but apps still takin bout the same time to load. I guess The upgrade just helped pull enough signal out here in the sticks to reach the full potental of the 4s. I also noticed it holds 3 bars signal where i was lucky to have 2. I can still brag about my 4G iPhone now lol

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s!
    Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not a 4G phone. It's capable of speeds faster than the older iPhone models due to HSPA+. It wasn't AT&T that pushed to have the definition of 4G changed, it was Sprint and T-Mobile. The upgrade didn't make your phone any faster. It was capable of the same speeds on 5.0 and 5.0.1. The only thing that changed was the network indicator in the status bar.

5. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

yeah apps are still slow ta load but my streamin video has improved, either better signal or the player was buggie before lol. Either way love it and those Android users will never know the difference;p

Sent from my 32GB 4G iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Oh, anyone who knows anything about tech will know.

7. Apple iAddicted

Bronze

That my point everyone round (my friends and such) don't know jack bout tech.... That why I posted this I knew 4G the apps shouldda been jettin to the net but also if they testing 4G somewhere and I just on the outter rim of signal it would slow down some but that was a bunch. Then I hit a video streaming site and streamed smooth not one pause in a 25 minute video where I was getting pauses every 3 minutes to buffer and load so began to question my own sense lol. But I like the 4G icon leave it Apple it's cool lol

Sent from my 32GB 4G iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!