4G vs LTE Connecticity

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Josh Yates, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I have been experiencing an issue (albeit small) with 4G/LTE switching. Wondering if it's my phone or if others experience it too.

Detroit just got LTE before the iPhone 5 released...so maybe it's a "newer network" issue. Typically, I have no issue & I'm on LTE. However, from time to time, I'll hit a dead spot or something and my phone will go to 4G. When I get back to a known LTE area...like my house...it doesn't always switch back to LTE unless I quickly go in & out of airplane mode. After that, it goes directly back to LTE.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

I get that from time to time when I'm switching between different networks example 3G to wifi to lte. As a matter of fact my 4 and 4s did the same thing. I do the same thing you do.

3. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

I have experienced that from time to time too. I've been just attributing it to the recent rollout of LTE and its not so widespread yet, depending on your area you may be blanketed w/LTE or have no coverage. When my phone does it it's only for a few minutes then it comes right back.