4G+WIFI 16 GB vs WiFi 32 GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Soumya Sengupta, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Soumya Sengupta

Soumya Sengupta New Member

Which should I get among these? I have to sacrifice space or the 4G capabilty.

2. Superphreak

Superphreak New Member

I'd go with more space myself, but that's just me :)

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

3. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Superphreak is correct if you anticipate using a lot of space if not then the 4g / wifi would be my recommendation. This is my 2nd iPad and 3rd I phone and I have never utilized more than 16 gb. Remember there are others that utilize a great deal of gb so analyze what you are going to be doing. I purchased the 1st iPad and then the 3rd iteration. The speed difference between 3g and 4g LTE is significant to me and the wifi is great. Hope this helps.

4. snowtrooper1966

Gold

If you will be using it primarily @ home, and have a WiFi connection there, I would suggest the 32GB version. It all really boils down to how and where you plan on using it.

For my family, storage was more important than cellular connectivity.
    On the occasion our iPad will be mobile, there is more than enough data stored to entertain.

5. Soumya Sengupta

Soumya Sengupta New Member

I am in India, does that make any difference?

6. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Depends on the availability of 4g and wifi. If you don't have easy access to either then that will influence your decision.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It depends on your usage patterns. I lean towards storage vs availability of mobile on the go. During the first year of my iPad 2 3G ownership, I used the 3G zero times. I used the heck out of the 64GB of storage though.

8. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I'd go with the larger size. You have to remember that the apps designed for the new display are going to be larger. Not to mention taking any video at 1080p will likely be a large file. I really can't see how 16G will be enough for anyone. Keep in mind that BestBuy has a 1 month return policy so if you did get the 16G and noticed it wasn't going to be large enough you could always exchange it.

9. Buc0727

Buc0727 Member
    Bronze

I got a 16 gb wifi it's cool

10. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I'm in the size over 4G capability group. I actually decided to get a 64 gb iPad 3 from a 32 gb iPad 1. Personally, I only had ONE time over three years that I ever wanted to have the ability to have 3G on my iPad 1 (didn't need it). However, I don't travel much, and when I do, I'm an AT&T subscriber so I have access to MANY wi-fi hotspots. I also have my iPhone 4S jailbroken, so in the FEW instances that I am away from wi-fi and I can use MyWi. I've never needed the 3G/4G. (That and I don't want to pay for multiple data streams...my iPhone is enough!)

Now...if AT&T adopts a data sharing model...I may have wished I had a 4G iPad 3! But I think I'll be fine. :)

11. olivialowrie

olivialowrie Guest

Do you use 4G that much? because if not, I'd rather go for space. :)

12. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Where in india? My buddy lives in Punjab and as far as I know they don't have lte.

13. Axne1

Axne1 Member

I went with a 16gb. With cloud storage options, I think it will be good.

Sent from my iPad2
    using Tapatalk