4GB iPhoners what's your battery life?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I am not sure how people are getting 8 hrs of medium usage on their 4GB phones. This is my third 4GB iPhone and have had around 5hrs (after the 1.1.2 update it is 4hrs 15 mins) of battery usage (medium usage of all apps on iPhone) on all of 'em. Not sure if 8Gb and 4GB models have different usage. I had the 8GB loaner phone from Apple couple of months back and it went into 8hrs of usage every single day!

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I recharge my 4Gb iPhone every 2-3 days. I think I could even go FOUR! I leave WiFi turned off, unless I need it, and have my email set to autocheck every hour...not more often.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
As I said this is my third phone and all of 'em cannot have a bad battery. I asked the Genius when I was in the Apple store and he says its normal. Whatever, thanks for the replies guys.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I have an 8GB model and I get around 8 hours of battery from medium use. I listen to my iPod for most of the day while I at work, check email every 5 minutes (sometimes with Wifi on all day, sometimes just through edge) and I surf the net occasional. I definitely use to get a ton better battery life before 1.1.2, but oh well. I was getting almost 10-12 hours before 1.1.2. I guess it finally caught up to me.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I have an 8GB model and I get around 8 hours of battery from medium use. I listen to my iPod for most of the day while I at work, check email every 5 minutes (sometimes with Wifi on all day, sometimes just through edge) and I surf the net occasional. I definitely use to get a ton better battery life before 1.1.2, but oh well. I was getting almost 10-12 hours before 1.1.2. I guess it finally caught up to me.
Hmm I am wondering if 8GB iPhones have better battery life than 4.

I am not sure how people are getting 8 hrs of medium usage on their 4GB phones. This is my third 4GB iPhone and have had around 5hrs (after the 1.1.2 update it is 4hrs 15 mins) of battery usage (medium usage of all apps on iPhone) on all of 'em. Not sure if 8Gb and 4GB models have different usage. I had the 8GB loaner phone from Apple couple of months back and it went into 8hrs of usage every single day!
i get the same battery usage as u! i hate it... i cannot go a day without charging it! anything i do juss sucks the battery... is that bad? or is that how its supposed to be.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
i get the same battery usage as u! i hate it... i cannot go a day without charging it! anything i do juss sucks the battery... is that bad? or is that how its supposed to be.
I am as well trying to figure this out. According to Apple getting 5hrs is normal. However, people who own a 8GB phone are better off with 8 hrs. Some 4Gig iPhoners as well reported 6-7 hrs usage. I have no clue what to believe and what not to.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
4 Gig/8 gig, same battery.. Really depends on how you use it, if you're keeping your screen active a lot, it's going to eat your battery a lot faster than just playing mp3's with the screen blacked out.. or just using it as a normal phone with occasional ipod mode.. battery length is going to differ from person to person unfortunately.