4GB or 8GB?

wubagel

May 22, 2007
yes, if it costs me 75-100 dollars a month, I might have to rethink getting one...as painful as that may be. Thats way too much for any gadget (as advanced as it may be) that costs $600 just to get it.

Remain Nameless

Bronze
May 14, 2007
Also, if you're going to have some videos, and even a movie or two, consider the size of most movies off iTunes, which is around 1 gig per movie! That adds up quickly!

TV shows are anywhere from 200 mgs to 500 mgs...

So, taking that into consideration, 8 gig is the way to go in my book :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Also, if you're going to have some videos, and even a movie or two, consider the size of most movies off iTunes, which is around 1 gig per movie! That adds up quickly!

TV shows are anywhere from 200 mgs to 500 mgs...

So, taking that into consideration, 8 gig is the way to go in my book :)
It'll be nice to download your favorite shows from iTunes in case you've missed them. Just think there won't be anymore boring waits at the barber shop or dentist office.

Kyled8888@gmail.com

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
I'm torn :( I could have just barely enough money for an 8GB model, and have to wait a week or so to afford a case, or I could go for the 4GB and get a nice case and everything. My friend has been trying to get me to get the 8GB using the reasoning of "If you are going to pay $500 you might as well pay another $100 and get double the memory." What do you guys (and girls) think?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I know how you feel. I felt the same way. Look at it this way its better to have too much than too little. Like you said may as well shell out 100 for all the extra storage. Worst case scenario? You return the iPhone within 2 weeks and get 540 back.

IPhone_Chica

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I say get the 8g and get a nice case later. I think you will be more satisfied in the long run being that you have more gigs to play around with as far as media is concerned.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Get the 8gig and wait for another payday to get a cover. You ca ALWAYS get a cover later than sooner with no worries. Apple Stores are NOT gonna run out of covers. Plus 8GIG iPhone will feel much better in your pocket come Jan/Feb when iPhone 12GIG comes out.
Im buying the 8GIG for that exact reason. I might mot have to upgrade to 12gig the same way I stuck it out with my treo 600 when the 650's cane out. I was able to add 3rd party apps to make my 600 just as good as the 650.(slower processor mind you.););)

Kyled8888@gmail.com

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
8GB scrape out the cash and get it the software in iPhone is close to a gig (700mb) so im getting a 8 gb
I noticed that in the video! I narrowed down my 100GB iTunes library (only about 11GB audio) to 3.9GB of frequently used music (couple videos) only to notice that it would not be an actual 4GB of space. Not to mention, I'd love to have space to throw in a new movie or TV show before a train ride or something if I get one. *sigh* decisions, decisions ;)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Also there may be a ton of new features / apps in the future who knows how much space it will take?